Menu

Dr. Hive ENT

lexi

I need your help! My ears felt a little blocked up today. I put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in each ear to break up the wax. I let them drain. One side is significantly worse. My ear is completely blocked now. My whole head feels stuffy and I’m miserable. I’ve tried a mix of white vinegar and alcohol to help dry it. Nothing. I tried some warm olive oil to encourage the wax to break up and drain out. Nope. 

What can I do? I am so miserable. 

20 hours ago, lexi said:

I need your help! My ears felt a little blocked up today. I put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide in each ear to break up the wax. I let them drain. One side is significantly worse. My ear is completely blocked now. My whole head feels stuffy and I’m miserable. I’ve tried a mix of white vinegar and alcohol to help dry it. Nothing. I tried some warm olive oil to encourage the wax to break up and drain out. Nope. 

What can I do? I am so miserable. 

If your head feels stuffy it's congestion on the other side of the ear drum, nothing you put in the ear will help that. Sudafed, the kind you get at the pharmacy counter and show ID for, will. 

Thanks for the help. A couple rounds of the drops I bought helped clear up the stuffiness. My ear finally popped. I’m feeling much better. 

I think the combination of being very pregnant and uncomfortable with horrible heartburn made it where the clogged ear was more than I could handle on top of everything else. And I was paranoid to take a decongestant while being pregnant. So I’m very glad the drops eventually worked  

But I can hear today so I’m going to survive. Lol! 

• Like 2

If you still feel like your ears are full tomorrow, see if an ENT will see you. They can vacuum your ears if they see a lot of wax. There are no meds needed, it doesn't hurt at all. We used to do this with my son occasionally because he would get outer ear infections when the wax got too thick and Debrox wouldn't break it up.