Menu

I've been reprieved

Night Elf

Okay, maybe that's a little harsh. My doctor wants me to get my first screening colonoscopy and I'm really scared of it. Today was my consultation. Once the doctor found out about my Transient Ischemic Attack on the 3rd, he wouldn't schedule my colonoscopy until my neurologist cleared me. He said the consult was good for 90 days so after my neurology appointment and if the neurologist says it's okay, I can just call the GI dept. and they'll schedule my colonoscopy. 

• Like 2

Try not to worry about the colonoscopy — most people think it will be awful and embarrassing and scary, and then once it’s over, they feel silly for having been so anxious about it.

Ask me how I know... ;)

I’m glad the doctor is waiting until you see the neurologist, just to be extra safe. :)

• Like 4

Try not to worry about the colonoscopy — most people think it will be awful and embarrassing and scary, and then once it’s over, they feel silly for having been so anxious about it.

Ask me how I know... ;)

I’m glad the doctor is waiting until you see the neurologist, just to be extra safe. :)

Yeah, he said the anesthesia drops the blood pressure and he's worried about that. Because of my personal habits/concerns, I have to do a 2-day prep too. Ugh.

Yeah, he said the anesthesia drops the blood pressure and he's worried about that. Because of my personal habits/concerns, I have to do a 2-day prep too. Ugh.

It sounds like you have a good doctor!

I have never done a 2-day prep, so I’m not sure what you have to do for it. It sounds like a real nuisance, though! Can you ask the doctor if you can do the one-day Suprep prep? It worked very well for my dh and me, and it was very fast and we didn’t even get cramps.

Your doctor probably has a good reason for recommending the longer prep, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask, just in case!

I have to do a 2-day prep, too.  You are fortunate that your doctor is starting with that - for me, I did the one-day prep and it didn't work so now I have to go through the whole process all over again.  I wish I had just done the 2-day prep in the first place.  

I'd feel good about the reprieve, too!  :)

Edited by Kassia
  • Like 2

I had one a few years ago. The prep is the worst part. I've never heard of a two day prep. If you're asleep for the procedure, you won't even remember it. I recall counting or something, and then (it seemed like a second later) asking them if the procedure would happen soon. It was already done!

I'm glad they're being cautious by having you see your neorologist.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk