Menu

Discouraged after NetTutor reviewed my essay.

Miss Peregrine

This isn't a serious topic, I am just spent. I'm taking Freshman Comp and had to turn in my essay to a classmate for peer-review. That went pretty well and I revised it. Next, we had to turn it into an off-site tutoring service. It wasn't horrible, per se, but it's a lot to fix and move around.  It feels like my brain cells all left with the first draft. :lol: 

I am confused on how I will pull this off. I don't know how to find what I need to fix it. Ugh.

I agree send us, or a select few of us, your essay, too. Curious what the off-site service found wrong with it. Is it trying to manipulate your writing into an approved bland format?

I don't think so. I was just hoping for a better review. My professor said it was an "awesome first draft." She also said our essays will take several revisions to be worthy of even turning in.lol. I know it's a process. I'm just afraid of failure.

If you can, take a day away from the critique and think about what you most wanted to say with your work. Then go back and look at the critique in the light of what you wanted to say and see if the critique can help you make things even better. That may give you a better idea of what needs to be "fixed". It's all about communicating what you want to communicate.

ETA: She says after three total rewrites of a 120K novel followed by seven revisions and now looking at a possible overhaul of the monster. Again.

• Like 2

Yes. My class is online but I could make use of it. Why do I not think of these things? Thanks!

Because it’s all new! The nice part about the writing center is that they know all of the professors and often know what that particular prof is looking for.

• Like 2