Menu

*deleted*

poppy

Help her find her own social circle. What are her interests? Can she pursue them in a more intensive way ie travel sport, academic team competition etc.? An activity that is time consuming and would have the same kids participating for a longer period of time. Maybe that will help her find her tribe. It definitely helped my girls. 

Oh, Poppy, I am heartbroken for you and your dd.  I will never, ever understand people who post that sort of thing on Facebook.

I don't have a ton of advice for you.  We went to another state for co-op to expand my kids social circle this year.  It has been really good for us.  My ds who has the most trouble making friends hasn't made any close friends, but has boys who like him and he has gained some social confidence. Is there another group you can explore?

Inviting other girls over one on one so they know her and want to include her is the only real advice I have. As long as her problem doesn't involve lots of annoying or critical behavior, this may work.  If it does, you know to work on that.

If she enjoys the younger kids, though, keep them in her life so she continues to develop the social skills she needs (even if it's at a slower pace).

But mainly lots of  hugs.  I have cried many tears bc of my kids social struggles over the past 2 years, but we are in a really, really great place now, so hold onto hope.

And unfriend the mom who posted the pix.

• Like 1

Don't worry about age. Good friendships come in different shapes and sizes.

Encourage her to find a hobby or interest that she can share with others as shared activity can help with loneliness.

Yes, this.  And if the other kids like something like Marvel movies or something, try to have her see them so she can have something/anything to add to the conversation.