Menu

Biology Miller Levine textbook and answers and accompanying workbook

Are there questions in this book? Answers? If no answers, how straightforward is it to check on answers within the textbook?

I saw that Kolbe sells a workbook A and teacher's manual for workbook A? Are these useful or just busywork? If I got the workbook set, I would skip questions in the textbook. Books.kolbe.org/store/m/95-Pearson/Prentice-Hall.html

I'm not going to give credit for this course since we're not in HS; it's just to be familiar enough with biology so that DD can take AP Bio eventually. But we still need to understand the material without any outside support other than videos as suggested in the other thread.

Edited by crazyforlatin

Are you using the Macaw book or the Dragonfly book? If you are using the Macaw book, check out the revision chapter tests with answers that a teacher posted for her students http://hhsmrmiller.weebly.com/test-reviews.html

We use the Macaw iBook version so questions are auto graded.

I'm not sure about the difference between the books but whichever book that has some support, preferably not costing too much. That link looks really helpful!

I just looked at the iBook. It's actually really cheap, $14.99. I might just get this book, but normally DD doesn't do well reading books online. I'll download the sample to Mac later. I really like the built in questions with grading.

I'm not sure about the difference between the books but whichever book that has some support, preferably not costing too much.

The Macaw cover is a newer edition, Dragonfly cover is an older edition. Half price bookstores sometimes have copies for under $20 or look for used copies on Amazon. I prefer Half Price bookstore because I don’t want to get a used book that has been highlighted in so I rather pick and choose the nicest copy in store.

I would get the Macaw edition since you haven’t purchased yet. Things has been updated in biology and the Macaw is the second latest edition. There is plenty of materials on the web put up by teachers using this edition. The latest edition is 2019 Honeybee cover edition and it would probably be hard to find any materials from teachers on the web.

• Like 1