Menu

Well Trained Bodies (Diet & Exercise) - Feb 2018

Granny_Weatherwax

Most of the snow and ice are gone now, and it's brown and colourless outside. :crying:  Skiing and snowshoeing is only a memory now.  The birds are chirping and the sun is shining, though, and for those who don't want to ski, it's happy days.  :laugh:

I'll probably get either a little outdoor run or walk in while the dc are in band this afternoon. 

We have birthday celebrations today and yesterday as ds turned 14 and 12! default_party.gifOne year left as a pre-teen, then I'll have 4 teenagers. default_help.gif

The ages of my dc in my signature scare me. Do I really live with all these young people? Where did the young children go? 

• Like 3

Thank you so much.

I haven't another 2 lbs since I posted which was five days ago.

It seems too fast. But I feel good, really good, in better spirits than I have in a long time. Mom is very chipper, and she seems to be coming around from her own depression. We watched some of the Olympics together and that was nice because our relationship has been on the ropes.

I think maybe the biggest contributing factor is Dh and I had a heart to heart and I finally admitted how much I have internally floundered since largely giving up my music career. With ds graduating and going off to college so I will be retiring from homeschooling, I told him how badly I wanted to go back to performing/professional accompanying but feared that this many years of sporadic, un-dedicated practice, mostly not keeping anything in my repertoire fresh nor adding anything new to it means I am not audition ready and in turmoil over it. He started taking over some things here at home, and I am back to practicing two hours per day!

I have not felt so good in years and this says a lot because I am still anemic! My mother always said I was born with a piano and playing Beethoven. Sometimes I think she may not have exaggerated! It feels like I had been holding my breath for years and now get to exhale. I have to wonder if returning to my first love is producing enough serotonin to make it easier to lose weight. If nothing else, since I am playing rigorously the whole two hours, probably additional calories burned.

My jeans are loose, a little saggy. Dh asked if I wanted to buy new ones. Not yet. I first want to see if this continues because I don't want to buy a new wardrobe if I am going to go down more than one size. I will just wear them too big until it gets to be too much, and then break down and buy just enough to get by until I see where I plateau. Plus, just between us, I kind of want to savor that feeling of "My pants are too big for me!"

3500 meters on the rowing machine plus 15 minutes of weights today. I do not want to miss tomorrow, but I have to figure out the scheduling difficulty because I have to take the rocket team to an event in the afternoon and also need to get the practice in.

That is really exciting about getting back into your music! It really is a life-long activity, and there are so many opportunities for good pianists. Hope you have a great time exploring all the possibilities. 

Glad the exercising and relationship with your mom is going really well, too!  

Thanks for sharing your story. It's really inspiring. 

• Like 3

congrats Faith!

wintermom-eeek- I've just got one teen, I'm sure I'll end up gray haired by the time the youngest is that age

weight lifting yesterday

I don't know if I'll survive the gym in the summer, it is already HOT. Must find some shorts to workout in.

My mood is in the pits I'm starting the process of enrolling ds in school and the care team expect that fil has a month or so to live:( 

Bah.

• Like 3

Faithmanor ~ way to go! I'm so happy for you being able to practice piano and have focus of your own. 

I can't recall if I wrote that I had a personal best on the 5K on Monday. I finished in 31.00. My goal of a sub 30 5K is within reach and it's not even March yet.

I made it my club tennis match yesterday. I was a bit anxious since I haven't played in three weeks but I did well and defeated an opponent I have not yet been able to beat. Then it was a quiet outside practice with the teams.

Today is an indoor cardio day and team pictures. I am not happy about the pics but I have a plan in place and hope I can control my anxiety.

I have a USTA team match on Saturday and have the chance of playing a lady I lost to in January by a narrow margin. I hope I get to play her again.

• Like 5

Hey all, I haven’t posted at all this month due to a lot of family craziness, but I have been keeping at the exercise pretty regularly. My eating has not been the greatest this month (see family craziness above), so that is my main goal to focus on in March. Less stress eating and more meal planning, especially for the 3:00 p.m. stress hour that always seems to be my downfall.

Because I like to keep track of things: here are my numbers for February: I lost 3 pounds, worked out in some way or another 16 days, and rowed a lot. I am actually only about 6.5 miles away from hitting 100 miles of rowing for the month, so I may put in one more session tonight if I can, just to satisfy my need for nice even round numbers.

Edited by PinkTulip
  • Like 5

I made it my club tennis match yesterday. I was a bit anxious since I haven't played in three weeks but I did well and defeated an opponent I have not yet been able to beat. Then it was a quiet outside practice with the teams.

Great job with your match!  I'm envious of you playing outside already. I would love to be playing outdoors already, but I'd also love to be skiing. Can't do either at the moment, unfortunately. 

• Like 3