Menu

Looking for a magnetic push pin

Folks...several years ago, in the clearance section of Walmart, I found these awesome push pins.  You push the pin into the wall, and the head is magnetic.  This way, I can hang things without putting holes in the items.  These work well with, for example, our calendar.  Instead of pulling the pin out of the wall each month, to flip the new month over, I just take the magnetic head off, and voila.  

Clear as mud?  Maybe not...but to me it makes sense...lol.

Anyways, I need more of these pins and I CAN'T FIND THEM ANYWHERE!!!  Even the great Amazon has failed me.  They have a similar product, but it's not quite the same and it's expensive.  The ones that keep coming up on Amazon are entirely magnetic, no pin.  They're good for white boards, for example.  

Does anybody know of this product?  Can you tell me where I can find them?  I would be eternally grateful!  

Take a picture of the item using the camera search on amazon. I think google can also do a camera search.

It might not show up on amazon, because amazon seems to look more for text on packaging than on the actual item. If you have the package, you might score. Still, worth a try. I think google can match pics.

Edited by PeterPan
  • Like 1

So that's them.  So Amazon has several options that look just like those..except they don't actually have a pin.  They are meant to be used for magnetic surfaces.  This version is meant to stick into a surface, and then you can use the magnetic head to hold whatever, without pushing holes into the pages.  

I use them for things that would be destroyed by regular tacks.  So our calendars, as I mentioned...the problem with using a tack for those is that the hole you push the tack through is too small to accommodate the head of the tack.  So you have to take the tack off the wall, switch the month, and push it back into the sheetrock, or wherever.  This causes the hole in the sheetrock to get larger, eventually causing damage.

Our weekly dinner menus.  If I had to restick them every week, they'd be ruined.  (Mine are printed on dry erase paper, so I never need to replace them, just wipe off and redo).  

I'm kind of sad that I can't seem to find them, lol.  A pack of 8 would solve my need for now, but I know I'll use many more of these in the future.