Menu

SOTW 4

Mom28kds

Does the activity guide have coloring pages? We've done the first 2 books then went off on my own this year. I'm thinking of going back for modern history because that's where we are at on the time line. My son liked doing the coloring pages as I read but I thought I ready there were no coloring pages in the 4th book. It might be a deal breaker. He'll be in 6th next year and trying figure out our plan for history. TIA

No coloring pages. My kids were sorely disappointed by that.

Coloring books are very popular now. I ended up getting my kids other coloring pages from books and let them color while they listened if they liked. It’s not the same, but it’s something.

• Like 2

Don't know how it compares to the vol. 1-3 coloring pages in the activity guide, but it looks like you can purchase a separate pdf file of coloring pages specifically designed to go with SOTW 4.

The description says "These 42 exciting and accurate illustrations were created by artist Jeff West, whose work for Well-Trained Mind Press can be seen in... the revised editions of Story of the World, volumes 1 and 2."

• Like 2

Don't know how it compares to the vol. 1-3 coloring pages in the activity guide, but it looks like you can purchase a separate pdf file of coloring pages specifically designed to go with SOTW 4.

The description says "These 42 exciting and accurate illustrations were created by artist Jeff West, whose work for Well-Trained Mind Press can be seen in... the revised editions of Story of the World, volumes 1 and 2."

!!!!! Wonderful!

• Like 1

The description says "These 42 exciting and accurate illustrations were created by artist Jeff West, whose work for Well-Trained Mind Press can be seen in... the revised editions of Story of the World, volumes 1 and 2."

Thank you :)

Edited by Mom28kds
  • Like 1

That's pretty cool. I didn't know that. I was going to suggest Dover Historical Coloring books too.  I usually peruse them on Amazon and purchase a few for whatever we are on. I have the WWI, WWII, several Native AMerican ones, Colonial Times, the Underground Railroad, ones on dress and uniforms from different time periods, etc. 

This year we are in SOTW2, and while it has coloring pages, they are too youngish for my older kids. They do like above poster says and usually color in adult coloring books or work on crafts or their own sketches while I read aloud. But I did purchase the Dover on Vikings, Celts, Castle Life, and a few others for this year that we read through and look at the drawings and occasionally put color on for on those sections. They are very nice and more grown up for coloring for older kids. 

• Like 2

That's pretty cool. I didn't know that. I was going to suggest Dover Historical Coloring books too.  I usually peruse them on Amazon and purchase a few for whatever we are on. I have the WWI, WWII, several Native AMerican ones, Colonial Times, the Underground Railroad, ones on dress and uniforms from different time periods, etc. 

This year we are in SOTW2, and while it has coloring pages, they are too youngish for my older kids. They do like above poster says and usually color in adult coloring books or work on crafts or their own sketches while I read aloud. But I did purchase the Dover on Vikings, Celts, Castle Life, and a few others for this year that we read through and look at the drawings and occasionally put color on for on those sections. They are very nice and more grown up for coloring for older kids. 

This is why I should never look on here.  I have now $40 Au of colouring books sitting in my Book Depositary account

• Like 1

That's pretty cool. I didn't know that. I was going to suggest Dover Historical Coloring books too. I usually peruse them on Amazon and purchase a few for whatever we are on. I have the WWI, WWII, several Native AMerican ones, Colonial Times, the Underground Railroad, ones on dress and uniforms from different time periods, etc.

Thank you! This will be great because my son will be in 6th grade 😊

Edited by Mom28kds
  • Like 1