Menu

Deleted - thanks!

Kassia

My daughter started at 11 and had a similar pattern. Then she had a few back-to-back. I had just had a baby so I asked my OB, who assured me it can be normal for the first year to be erratic while the hormones settle into a predictable pattern. 

As maize suggests, your daughter's build and/or diet may be a factor. Stress is another potential. 

Does she have a regular physical coming up? Or due, so that you might get "more bang for your buck" with the deductible if you take her in? 

• Like 1

The standard advice for this is to check with your doctor. That being said, until I started taking birth control pills in my 20s, it was not unusual for me to skip 3 months at a time, and sometimes as many as 6. My mom never took me to a doctor because she had been the same way. When I quit taking the pill, my cycles settled into something a little longer than normal - maybe 32-35 days. After each of my kids, it took many months before cycles started again, and both time they returned to 30+ day cycles. So, you might want to get it checked out, but, at least in my family, it wouldn't be anything to worry about. My mom said that they normally offered to help regulate your cycle, and I remember thinking 'Why would I want to do this more often - quarterly is plenty!'.

• Like 2

As maize suggests, your daughter's build and/or diet may be a factor. Stress is another potential. 

Does she have a regular physical coming up? Or due, so that you might get "more bang for your buck" with the deductible if you take her in? 

Edited by Kassia

My dd started when she was almost 15 and her periods were very light and sporadic for the first few months. She had a physical during that time and we mentioned it to the doctor. Her advice was to wait a few more months and if they remained very light and irregular, we should let her know. She said that she would want to check it out at that point to make sure there weren't any issues. Soon after that, they became much more regular and a bit heavier.

• Like 1

Does she weigh 100lbs or more? My DD’s periods did not settle into a predictable pattern until after she exceeded 100lbs, which the doctor said was not unusual.