Menu

The Distracted Mind Teachers Lounge 1-11-2018

scrapbookbuzz

^^^yep, that's me! obviously.

So distracted I didn't think, until just a moment ago, about opening the Lounge. Sorry about that!

Caffeine anyone? Here: yes, please! I had coffee today but it today may require the assistance of Mt. Dew as well! Those days are few and far between, thankfully, but some days . . .

What's on your schedule today? Here: currently helping ds13 with his math. Just back to it after the break. He wonders why it was so hard to get into today. Um, because you've been on break and you're out of practice. He was in the middle of the lesson when I realized he was on the chapter quiz! No wonder it's hard! But he's almost done. He and I also went and cleaned the dojang (taekwondo school) earlier today. We do that twice a week in exchange for his and his sister's lessons there. DD19 has been working on psychology today and recovering from her sprained ankle!

What has you distracted these days? Here: awaiting news on Mom. It's like my brain is 3/4 focused on whether or not "the call" will be today.

Talk to me! :bigear:

Evening, Scrap!

We had a full day of school today and I'm tired, even with all the tea and coffee in my system.  Dh emailed to ask if I had plans for dinner and since I previously had no idea if he would be home for it or not, um...no.  Frozen pizza it is.

I am always distracted.  Between dh slowly getting better and feeling like I'm needed in 5 places at once, it's a wonder I function as well as I do. :laugh:   My notebook and reminders on my phone are invaluable.

• Like 1

Hello,

Definitely caffeine every day but only first thing in the morning.  I have two to three huge mugs of tea.  Like soup mug size.  I generally avoid it after that because it keeps me awake at night and I already have bad insomnia too often.

I'm distracted by my to-do list for the next week or so.  Just started the new session for my science classes this week.  I'm teaching 6 hour long classes a week (2 on Monday, 1 each of the other weekdays), then the possibility of a 2-hour workshop each week alternating Tuesday and Wednesday, then I have to teach Sunday School on Sunday, then I'm waiting on a couple freelance assignments.   One will be pretty quick, just a few hours but another possible is a ton of hours.  Like almost a full time number of hours.   Then I'm waiting to hear about a very part-time position as a STEM coordinator.  And I'm working on plans for a Science themed escape room for my 4-H club meeting next week.   And our car lease is up the end of this month and we're trying to decide if we're going to buy it or turn it in and buy a used car or turn it in and buy a new car.  Dh is doing a ton of research and keeps putting available used cars in front of me.  I honestly don't care - get me something big enough to hold my class supplies and the kids at the same time, that has AWD for the snow and ice, that we can afford, and I'm happy.   Then he pointed out ds will be driving in 5 years  :svengo:  and this car would be one we want to last to give to him and then we'd get something for us.   Oh yeah, I also have to do new check-lists for the kids schoolwork.  

And my oldest keeps calling me because she's getting stomach pains, not severe but annoying (I'm thinking constipation but go to the doctor), then she's feeling tired and very worn down (she's very busy but Lyme? mono? Go To The Doctor), now she just called to say her throat feels tight likes it's closing.   :scared:   She doesn't have any bad allergies (Take a Benedryl and Go To The Doctor!!!!).  There's an walk-in clinic/urgent care close to her work since she doesn't have a regular physician at the moment.

I'm ready for bed and it's not even 6pm.

Caffeine...yes. sitting at hospital as dd has been in surgery over 9 hours now. I sent the valet to go get my car as U of Michigan hospital only has diet pop in the entire place.

I walked 5 miles around here and did some research on new mini van for MIL. Just sick of sitting.