Menu

Stitch Fix alternatives?

craftymama

I have tried Stitch Fix a few times, but the last few boxes have been disappointing.  In fact, it seems the more boxes I get the further the styles are from what I like.  But I love the concept because I don't really like shopping.  Can anyone recommend any alternatives?  I am specifically in need of someone to send me some great jeans if that matters.  But I'd also like some other pants and skirts.  

I prefer Trunk Club. You work directly with a stylist that you get to chat with in real time. You can tell her your likes and dislikes, what you're looking for and how much you want to spend. It's better than just leaving a note and hoping the stylist will listen to you. Trunk club adds 10 items to your trunk. You're sent a link to review the trunk and can decline anything from it that you don't even want to try. Then you can send a message to your stylist with an explanation if you like. Once she gets your trunk back, she puts in new stuff to replace the things you've taken out. Then the box is sent to you. You don't get to preview it a second time for trades again. 

I find the prices comparable to Stitch Fix but Trunk Club does not offer a huge discount like Stitch Fix does. With Stitch Fix, if you keep all 5 items, you get a 25% discount on the whole box. Trunk Club doesn't do that.

I've had greater luck with my stylist at Trunk Club. Maybe I got lucky, I don't know. I also get messages from her periodically when something new is out like a suggestion for a New Year's box with new styles just being released. It just seems like a more personal service.

• Like 1

Stitch Fix didn't work for me either, but I loved Trunk Club the first time I got a trunk.  I had an amazing stylist who spent some time on the phone with me and then picked out the most perfect, well-fitting, and high-quality wardrobe essentials that were exactly my style.  Great jeans!  The perfect black dress!  An oatmeal heather cardigan I didn't know I needed.  I am still wearing those pieces all the time.  Then I got a note that he was no longer at Trunk Club, and I was assigned a new stylist who completely did not understand me.  When I tried to tell her that $400 perforated navy blue TOE-LESS high heeled boots were not going to work for me in the winter in NH, she encouraged me to splurge and assured me they were classic.  I think I ended up keeping one thing from that trunk, and then I cancelled.  At some point, I might sign up for Trunk Club again, but for now I just like picking out my own things on the Nordstrom website and then sending back what I don't like.

• Like 1

Stitch Fix didn't work for me either, but I loved Trunk Club the first time I got a trunk.  I had an amazing stylist who spent some time on the phone with me and then picked out the most perfect, well-fitting, and high-quality wardrobe essentials that were exactly my style.  Great jeans!  The perfect black dress!  An oatmeal heather cardigan I didn't know I needed.  I am still wearing those pieces all the time.  Then I got a note that he was no longer at Trunk Club, and I was assigned a new stylist who completely did not understand me.  When I tried to tell her that $400 perforated navy blue TOE-LESS high heeled boots were not going to work for me in the winter in NH, she encouraged me to splurge and assured me they were classic.  I think I ended up keeping one thing from that trunk, and then I cancelled.  At some point, I might sign up for Trunk Club again, but for now I just like picking out my own things on the Nordstrom website and then sending back what I don't like.

That sounds about what happened to me with Stitch Fix.  The first box was fantastic.  Things I loved.  Things I didn't know I needed.  The second box was on the mark too with one exception, but I could understand why it was in there.  After that it's been down hill.  

• Like 1