Menu

Did I miss Festivus? I feel like complaining.

Miss Peregrine

Today we have Christmas at BIL's house with dh's side of the family. BIL won't change the time by one hour so that my dd's fiancée can be there. Other BIL Is bringing his girlfriend who was his mistress for 6 years while married to my SIL. I've never met her and have no desire to but today's the day, apparently.

No one on dh's side of the family will talk to ex-SIL, except me. Why? They're divorced now and she needs to move on. These are some highly emotionally evolved individuals, I tell ya.

*sigh*

OMGosh, that is so much like my DH's family.

Suddenly 30 year ex-SIL is persona non grata, except to me.

But all she ever talks about to me is why BIL is such a jerk, which he is not, although he is totally immoral, weak, leechy, and self-indulgent.  He is, however, easy going and fun to be around.  But I think he is a real shit for dumping her like that, and also it has impacted their parents a great deal.

DH goes back and forth between being mad at him (for various things which include accepting large financial gifts from their mother, who is so poor that she qualifies for food stamps, and to whom we send money every month just to keep her going, but not looking for a fulltime job supposedly because then ex-SIL would get half), and being all sentimental about him and wanting to send him large Christmas presents.  If I agree with him at either point in this cycle, he throws it at me when he is at the other point.  I do not take that from him, but it's always tense.  

Edited by Carol in Cal.
  • Like 1

OMGosh, that is so much like my DH's family.

Suddenly 30 year SIL is persona non grata, except to me.

But all she ever talks about to me is why BIL is such a jerk, which he is not, although he is totally immoral, weak, leechy, and self-indulgent. He is, however, easy going and fun to be around. But I think he is a real shit for dumping her like that, and also it has impacted their parents a great deal.

Same.

His girlfriend was not there. They live in Texas and I guess she had to work. . .

It was a pretty good time, actually.

• Like 1