Menu

Uh-oh. Should I send it back? Other recommendations?

Night Elf

Ds21 likes logic puzzles. I remember he loved Rush Hour when he was younger so for this Christmas I bought him Tipover which is similar. The problem is that it comes with only 40 cards, beginner to expert. He'll solve all of those in no time and the fun will be over. I figured I could find additional cards but I can't find any. I'm thinking this is not a good gift to give to him.

He's smart as a whip. I want a logic toy, not a rubik's cube thing because he hates those. Any suggestions for a young adult?

What about the Railroad Rush Hour, Safari Rush Hour or one of the other ones that are similar, but not the same?

We have Tip Over, and it just doesn't have the replay-ability that Rush Hour has in our home.  It lost it's luster quickly, so I vote to send it back. 

Looking on Amazon quickly, I am not seeing ANY other games that have additional cards to extend the game a bit.  

What about the Railroad Rush Hour, Safari Rush Hour or one of the other ones that are similar, but not the same?

We have Tip Over, and it just doesn't have the replay-ability that Rush Hour has in our home.  It lost it's luster quickly, so I vote to send it back. 

Looking on Amazon quickly, I am not seeing ANY other games that have additional cards to extend the game a bit.  

Yeah, I'd love additional cards. I remember having some for regular Rush Hour. 

I think we have ALL of the games (Rush Hour 1, 2, 3; Safari; Railroad; etc.). There is one with frogs on lily pads which is just cute.

I am getting this for my college boys this Christmas (shh!) – Dr Eureka speed logic game (except i'll get it at our local toy store). You can play by yourself (as with Rush Hour) or against 2–4 others. It's logic but also tactile and you need good fine motor skills to not spill the balls. It wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I think our family will enjoy it (we played several rounds in the store, which had it set up).

I think we have ALL of the games (Rush Hour 1, 2, 3; Safari; Railroad; etc.). There is one with frogs on lily pads which is just cute.

I am getting this for my college boys this Christmas (shh!) – Dr Eureka speed logic game (except i'll get it at our local toy store). You can play by yourself (as with Rush Hour) or against 2–4 others. It's logic but also tactile and you need good fine motor skills to not spill the balls. It wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I think our family will enjoy it (we played several rounds in the store, which had it set up).

Oh that's cool. I'll show that to DH and see what he thinks. I'm also thinking of going back to Rush Hour since there are expansions or extra cards, whatever.

I'm going to return it but I'm going to have to pay return shipping. I hope it's not a lot. I wish I had given more thought to this before buying it. It was a spur of the moment decision when trying to come up with some good gift ideas for ds21. The Zombie Fluxx card game I got him last year was a bust. He never even opened the box, said he wasn't interested in looking at it. I just threw it out a couple of days ago. He's so hard to buy for. I got him a tee-shirt that cost $6 and stocking stuffers. I just wish I could think of one more present!

Could you donate it to T4T?

DS(7yo) loves Tipover.  He mastered it about a year ago but still enjoys setting up the pieces.  Another kid his age might like it, too.

If your big child doesn't have it, he may enjoy Khet (a 2 person laser game).

I don't even know where a T4T collection bin is. It has small pieces and cards. Would that be an acceptable gift to donate?

My kids (ages 6 and 10) have played this game in the store and *love* it. I had not thought it'd do for older kids. This gives me a great idea. (The other two Dr. games are not as much fun -- in the store at least)

Edited by vonfirmath