Menu

Reminder! Plan to Eat sale starts today!

ktgrok

Plan to Eat has their annual 50% off sale this weekend! 1 year subscription is about $19. Now also includes an iPhone app as well as the website. Can use it to import any recipe you see on the web, organize recipes, scale them, schedule them in a meal plan, have the ingredients added to your shopping list, etc. It's awesome. Oh, and if you are friends on there with someone you can see each other's recipes!

It's like Paprika, but on steroids. Totally worth the $19 a year. 

I also recently realized that when menu planning I can just add "ingredients" to that day rather than a recipe, so if I'm planning hot dogs and baked beans I can add those into the calendar and it adds them to the shopping list. Doesn't have to be a full recipe. (others may have known this, lol). You can also add notes, etc. 

• Like 2

I love this planning service and only buy on Black Friday -- I missed it last year and this year's meal planning suffered greatly. I even paid for a couple months here and there when I just had to have the service back. Sale is good through Monday too!

my affilitate link, if some wants to use is: https://www.plantoeat.com/ref/3cd5783901

I am sooo happy to renew my subscription -- I have a whole queue of recipes that I've been waiting to add in and I need to tackle December's meal planning with gusto. I may get a little tutorial going on my nutritionist page later. 

• Like 1

This is a really dumb question, but can I have the plan and type in a specific diet like dairy free, low carb, etc....and have it give me some recipes to add to my file?  Or do I need to find the recipe and import it myself?

You add your own recipes to this service, it's not a meal planning service that plans meals and provides recipes for you. 

You can friend people that can share their recipes with you and they may have tags you can search by -- I haven't really played with having friends on PTE though we did have a thread here a couple years where I think a few of us friended each other... but my stats say I only have 3 friends, lol. 

I really want to find a better way to save and print my recipes because I want to make a cookbook of our family recipes. I hardly ever plan meals anymore because of our current lifestyle (dh and adult ds both have crazy schedules). However, at that price I keep renewing until I decide what to use and move all my recipes.