Menu

Would this worry you? (Legionnaire's disease)

Miss Peregrine

Disney guests come down with Legionnaire's disease.

http://beta.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-disneyland-legionnaires-20171110-story.html

The coolers were turned off after inspection and then turned back on November 5. They were turned off again because they had not been confirmed to be free of the bacteria.  My kids performed there November 6th and were in a backstage area, though not Orleans Square backstage.

One of my kids is sick wth something respiratory/fatigue. Ugh. After typing this out I think I should get her checked out. :(

• Like 1

Eveyone who has gotten sick so far was over 50. I’m sure what ever you child has is more than likely just a regular virus. I would not be worried. Think of how many people have gotten ill. It’s only a handful, think of how many people have been to disney or are in Anaheim. The chances are minuscule. But I am sorry your kid is sick and I’m sorry you are worried about it. Hope your child feels better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

One of my kids is sick wth something respiratory/fatigue. Ugh. After typing this out I think I should get her checked out. :(

I would worry, and I agree with you that it would be good to have her checked.  

A local hospital has had problems with the water system and a few patients have died from Legionnaire's.  Of course these poor people were already sick.  I don't think any of the staff got sick.   

I was looking at this information about Legionnaire's.  Have you read about Pontiac fever, which is caused by the same bacteria but people don't require antibiotics to recover?    Fatigue is one of the symptoms.  Hopefully your daughter doesn't have either one!   https://www.osha.gov/dts/osta/otm/legionnaires/faq.html

• Like 2

I would worry, and I agree with you that it would be good to have her checked.  

A local hospital has had problems with the water system and a few patients have died from Legionnaire's.  Of course these poor people were already sick.  I don't think any of the staff got sick.   

I was looking at this information about Legionnaire's.  Have you read about Pontiac fever, which is caused by the same bacteria but people don't require antibiotics to recover?    Fatigue is one of the symptoms.  Hopefully your daughter doesn't have either one!   https://www.osha.gov/dts/osta/otm/legionnaires/faq.html

I saw that but didn't read too much about it yet. Thank you.

The article I read awhile ago, on FoxNews.com  if my memory is correct, said that one of the people in Anaheim who died had not been to Disneyland.

I would keep very close tabs on your kids and if they are sick enough to go to the doctor, I would mention that, immediately, to the M.D.

• Like 1