Menu

AP exams different locations in 1 year

I may be having my dd take AP exams at 2 different schools this year.  She is wondering if there will be a problem because she thinks she will be assigned a different student number and different student packet for each school.  Will it be a problem matching her to all of her scores?  

Thank you for your help.  

It’s a non-issue. She brings her student packet from her first AP exam to the next location and use the same stickers there. She does not take a second student packet from the second location.

My kids test site this year has kids taking their exams in a few locations. They just carry their own student packets and use the same set of stickers for all locations. The student ID on the sticker is what CollegeBoard goes by and I have a kid who filled up an incomplete home address.

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 5

What they said!

We were in this position a couple of times. Just have her do the paperwork & get one Student Pack from your main site. She should pick it up to take with her to the second site. The same Student # and sticker set should be used for every exam in a given year.

Our only "mistake" was not informing site 2 that kiddo had already done the paperwork and had a packet from site 1. They were in a bit of a panic when he walked in the door on test day, thinking he had to fill out that long bubble sheet before they could get started.

• Like 1

We did this last year. No problems. My ds took first AP at PS #1. Then the next 2 at PS #2. So when he finished his first AP at PS #1, they said if you're not taking anymore AP exams, then keep your book. If you're taking more AP exams, turn your book in. He just took his, so he could take it to PS #2. 

We're all set for this year - 2 schools again. Make sure PS #1 knows you're taking your booklet with you. Make sure PS #2 knows you've already taken an exam at a different location.

That leaves me thinking. My son is taking 4 AP exams this year. What if they are not in order (PS#1, PS#2, PS#1, PS#2). Interesting. We may be ferrying our student booklet with us everywhere, LOL! Guess I'll go have a look & see.

• Like 1

We did this last year. No problems. My ds took first AP at PS #1. Then the next 2 at PS #2. So when he finished his first AP at PS #1, they said if you're not taking anymore AP exams, then keep your book. If you're taking more AP exams, turn your book in. He just took his, so he could take it to PS #2. 

We're all set for this year - 2 schools again. Make sure PS #1 knows you're taking your booklet with you. Make sure PS #2 knows you've already taken an exam at a different location.

That leaves me thinking. My son is taking 4 AP exams this year. What if they are not in order (PS#1, PS#2, PS#1, PS#2). Interesting. We may be ferrying our student booklet with us everywhere, LOL! Guess I'll go have a look & see.

Yup, they will ferry that booklet around.  DS did this last year, taking APs at three different schools, in three different cities, going back and forth between them all.

• Like 1

OK I checked after this thread came up... We do PS #1, PS #1 then PS #2, PS #2. Weird how that worked out, eh? LOL!

• Like 1

We did this last year.  Whichever will be the first exam you do the packet/number registration at.  Then you discuss with that person how the packet will be sent from one school to the next-do they handle it or do they give it to the student to turn in at the next school.  You should get an AP card with number at school #1.  It went smoothly and all scores were reported with no issues.

FWIW-our district wanted to keep the booklet themselves and the AP coordinators worked it between them.

• Like 1