Robin M

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a text from Dennis (ds).

"My phone battery's about to die but I'm with everyone so it's fine."

:lol:  and   :svengo: and   :banghead:

At least he let me know, so I wouldn't worry if I texted him and got no response. ETA to say I've been trying not to text him anyway unless it was necessary. I didn't want him to feel like Mom was checking up on him. 

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 12

Kathy :lol:

Believe me I feel your pain!!! I do my best to convince mine to go together because my dd forgets to turn her phone on. I think she honestly forgets. Ds is good about updates normally. Fortunately their friends are pretty much the same thanks to pretty similar interests.

I read a book that I would class as popular suspense fiction yesterday called You Belong to Me by Colin Harrison https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31574745-you-belong-to-me. It was quite a page turning book with lots of twists and turns that I had a hard time predicting. It also is my Y for alphabetical by author. I am attempting to do this by first word in the title and this book look interesting.

• Like 7

Some currently free books for Kindle readers ~

one of my favorite historical romance novellas that I've posted before ~ The Governess Affair (The Brothers Sinister)  by Courtney Milan

(It's also available for free in Spanish ~ El affaire de la institutriz (Los hermanos siniestros nº 0))

Awaken Online: Catharsis  by Travis Bagwell

Killerwatt (The Rhetta McCarter Mystery)  by Sharon Woods Hopkins

Winter Trees (Seasons of Marigold Manor)  by Kim Stokely

A Michaelmas Wager  by Emily Murdoch

A Fool and His Monet (Serena Jones)  by Sandra Orchard

Love, in English  by Karina Halle

Regards,
Kareni

• Like 6

I just finished a book that I enjoyed.  The main character was blind, deaf, and also unable to speak; I honestly cannot begin to imagine how challenging life is under those circumstances.  I'd classify the book as a mystery with a smattering of romance and an element of the supernatural/extra-sensory.

Winter Wind  by J.R. Rain

"Five years ago, Lee Jordan was nearly killed on the job. Now deaf, blind, and mute, he's recovered enough to live a routine but silent life.

However, now, the LAPD needs him back...

When the cases of many missing persons are tied together with the same M.O., Lee Jordan is called in to help locate people who seemingly walked away from their everyday lives. But did they? Lee's only assets are his guide dog, fourteen years of experience as a homicide detective--and an intriguing American Sign Language translator named Rachel.

Just as Lee begins to discover something remarkable about himself, he must engage in a battle of wits with a murderer he can't see or hear. With no weapons but his own mind--and a guide dog with a heart of gold--he sets off alone in Los Angeles to investigate the disappearances.

It's only a matter of time before more people may die under nefarious circumstances. And the manner of death could put the entire city at risk from...something even more dangerous.

Lee Jordan knows there is more to fighting crime than meets the eye, or ear, or voice. But will he survive his courageous solo pursuit of a twisted killer on the mean streets of L.A.? And can he really stop a madman by himself?"

Regards,

Kareni

Karen, Thank you!  Winter Wind is quite unique and interesting read. Enjoying it so far.   

Hugs Amy!  Bad customers. 20 lashes with a wet noodle. But seriously, sorry you have to suffer through 6 months without getting paid. I understand how stressful that can be.  We went two months with one customer with a large bill and were calling them every few days until they cut the check.  Grrr!   

Hugs Rose!  Hope you get answers and the right medications to help your daughter. 

Hugs Angela! Hope everyone is feeling better. 

Kathy:  Glad he texted you. I used to live in Warner Robins, way back in the 80's when my dad was stationed at the air force base there. Great place and remember it as a beautiful and friendly small town.  

Sandy - Cool Dr. Who knitting patterns.  I love the police box hat.  I showed it to James and he said "hmm, I'm not so sure about that."   :laugh:

• Like 10

I just got a text from Dennis (ds).

"My phone battery's about to die but I'm with everyone so it's fine."

:lol: and :svengo: and :banghead:

At least he let me know, so I wouldn't worry if I texted him and got no response. ETA to say I've been trying not to text him anyway unless it was necessary. I didn't want him to feel like Mom was checking up on him.

This sounds soooo familiar!!!!

I have come to love the boy-style consideration my children have for me. It is, amazingly, sufficient, once you get used to it and realize that you can rely on receiving it and that no news is good news. Later, when they are not in the thick of trying to deal with things, I usually get more information. The fact that they think to tell me their phone is about to go dead, even when they are dealing with so much else and trying to remember so much else, is pretty amazing. Sometimes the first "update" sentence says they just wanted me to know they are about to do something hard - drive through a snowstorm or go rescue a friend at night in a boat whose engine quit, or something. I appreciate those, too. What I don't appreciate is not being told because they don't want to worry me. I discourage that. If they tell me what they are doing, I often have the opportunity to alter their plan slightly so that it is more likely to work. "You might want to take this road. It is better in the snow than that one." "You might want to bring a line in case you can't get their engine started and have to tow them home." I do most of my parenting via phone now, usually by text.

Hugs

Nan

• Like 11