Menu

Toddler very picky eaters

athena1277

I know, I know, toddlers are usually picky eaters. I know it can take trying new foods several times to decide they like it. But when a 16 month old loves something the first time and won't try the tiniest bite every time after that, what do you do? I've tried and tried putting foods on her plate and not making any issue of it, hoping she would decide it is worth trying, but it isn't working. She's too little (right?) to make her try a bite.

What can I do?

I know, I know, toddlers are usually picky eaters. I know it can take trying new foods several times to decide they like it. But when a 16 month old loves something the first time and won't try the tiniest bite every time after that, what do you do? I've tried and tried putting foods on her plate and not making any issue of it, hoping she would decide it is worth trying, but it isn't working. She's too little (right?) to make her try a bite.

What can I do?

I am a big advocate of putting stuff on their plate and handing over control, but in my experience it's a technique that works over the course of years not months. I'd take the long view and not introduce power struggles over food

• Like 4

It used to stress me out like you couldnt imagine. Now I put food on their plates, if they eat it yes if they dont no big deal. They will survive. My toddler only started eating more than a couple of bites of food each day, but it took my milk drying up to achieve this

I tell people her hobby is nursing. I've wondered if her eating habits would change if she were weaned.