Menu

The 2nd Edition Teachers Lounge 8-22-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning, all, and welcome to the Lounge!

Today's theme stems from the fact that my son starts General Science at a co-op this morning. Thought I had the right science book.

I do. But it's the wrong edition. We have the first one and need the 2nd one. Seems like everywhere I turn these days, in regards to a group

homeschool class, that the text needs to be a second edition. *sigh* Well, maybe he can share at least for today . . . 

What's not quite right with your day/week right now? Here: besides the textbook, my son's class is at 8am. I think he and I both feel this way

about that:  :svengo:

What is RIGHT with your week? Here: tomorrow morning I'm going out into the desert with some other herbalists to see what we can wildcraft (harvest).

Prickly pear fruit is in season so I hope to get some of that, and some chaparral.

Anyone else part of a co-op that's starting this week? Here: ours starts today and I registered at the last minute!

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 2

Too much is packed into my week. So I am ready to see what I can possibly eliminate. That would make things a lot better.

No co-op. The ones around here have never been academic, just play time, crafts, parties, etc. There have never been any high school ones. With a senior as my last homeschool student, I am swamped with things like DE, and getting trips to the DIA, DSO, FSO, and such arranged and packed into a schedule that includes my job one full day per week in PS as a STEM consultant, teaching space tech and engineering two nights per week, and handling the elderly grandmothers.

What is right with my week is that a dear friend is doing some canning and freezing for me as a thank you for tutoring her grandson at no charge, and Dh is not in any pain with his hand plus has a light work schedule so he can do some helping out with errands and printing and compiling syllabi for those two classes.

• Like 3

Co-op here is for younger grades or classes ds has already had.

What is right? I have a home day!   :hurray:  :hurray:  And nothing on the calendar this week  :thumbup:

What is not quiet right?  I keep feeling we are suppose to have something on the calendar this week and I forgot to put it there   :scared:  Let's hope not.

• Like 2

Butter, I normally don't do co-ops, either. But this decision was made because:

*it was a subject I had planned on teaching my son anyway

*His best friend is in the class

*it will help BFF's mom if I can give him a ride TO class since she has to go the opposite direction

around the same time to take her special needs daughter to school

*and it was one less thing I have to worry about lesson-planning for!

• Like 1

Good afternoon!

What's not right is that my chest x-ray last week shows a very small spot that they can't tell what it is, so I need a CT scan. My EKG showed a couple non-specific things that they aren't sure if they are normal to me, so I need a stress test. Neither place has called me to schedule yet, and I'm anxious, so I wish they would. Also, dd moved back to college Sunday, so I'm going to miss her. 

What is right is that  I watched the eclipse yesterday in TN with my best friend and the kids. It was awesome! We also have our homeschool support group's kick-off party this Saturday. It should be fun! 

I direct a co-op that started August 11th. We have 62 kids and 26 moms. We offer science, literature and/or writing (depending on age group), and electives. This is our 6th year. We only meet every other week, so it doesn't take over our lives. 

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 1

Good afternoon!

What's not right is that my chest x-ray last week shows a very small spot that they can't tell what it is, so I need a CT scan. My EKG showed a couple non-specific things that they aren't sure if they are normal to me, so I need a stress test. Neither place has called me to schedule yet, and I'm anxious, so I wish they would. Also, dd moved back to college Sunday, so I'm going to miss her.

What is right is that I watched the eclipse yesterday in TN with my best friend and the kids. It was awesome! We also have our homeschool support group's kick-off party this Saturday. It should be fun!

I direct a co-op that started August 11th. We have 62 kids and 26 moms. We offer science, literature and/or writing (depending on age group), and electives. This is our 6th year. We only meet every other week, so it doesn't take over our lives.

Praying for you!

• Like 1