Menu

Derek Owens math, do you get a copy of the textbook or go without?

For which course?

My son has completed 3 Derek Owens math courses (pre-alg through geometry) and is now doing his 4th (alg 2). The only time we've bought a textbook was for geometry, where it is required because some of the problems come from it. Mr. Owens has adapted the pre-alg, alg, and alg 2 courses from textbooks that he previously taught with and I personally think he lists those books only to give some comfort that he's used well-known sources. We never felt a need to buy those textbooks.

The pre-alg, alg, and alg 2 courses have all the practice problems, homework problems, and tests provided directly within the course. The practice problems are in the printed workbooks that you buy through Lulu (or you can just view/print them yourself on demand from the DO website) and the homework and tests are printed from the DO website.

Edited by TarynB

Great, thanks!  We actually already have the Geometry text and I was needing to know for the Algebra courses!

I print the Algebra pages out and put them in a three ring binder, but I have been thinking of buying the spiral bound.  DD always takes the pages out of the binder and they go back in crumpled and it drives me batty! 

ETA:  Done.  Ordered through Lulu. :)

Edited by lisabees
  • Like 3