Menu

Hi all! It's been a while! Just started WFPB diet!

Halcyon

Hi everyone! Been off the boards for a while, busy renovating our kitchen and fighting the Orange Monster in the WH :D

I wanted to see if anyone else follows the Whole Foods Plant Based Diet as outlined by Forks Over Knives/What the Health etc.? I have been following it for 3 weeks and hubby just joined in! Would love to trade favorite recipes and advice!

• Like 6

Welcome back! I hope you have help in your monster-battling. Like fleas and C.Diff, some parasites are harder to combat than others.

I am not doing that diet, but I have read FOK and wish you good results.

• Like 5

Welcome back! I hope you have help in your monster-battling. Like fleas and C.Diff, some parasites are harder to combat than others.

Ha! Snorted coffee on that one!

No diet advice, but keep up the fight!

• Like 1

I'm a WFPB (mostly) person. We had to add back in a bit of dairy because of DH's health condition (gout - for some reason, low fat dairy helps keep attacks at bay). I do keep it under the recommended 5% of caloric intake though. 

I use a lot of happy herbivore recipes and get the meal plans too. There are some really yummy ones! 

• Like 2

You win the Internet today.

• Like 4

that's awesome thank you Amanda!!!! i have been LOVING my instant pot (especially since i haven't had a kitchen for 2 months...UGH)

Then you'd probably enjoy Jill McKeever @ Simple Daily Recipes (https://m.youtube.com/user/SimpleDailyRecipes). Plus she's a homeschooler.

This is generally how I eat (and lost 102lbs and counting). I like Kim Campbell's cookbook and Anne Crile Esselstyn's cookbook. I did not like the FOK cookbook. I like Susan Voisin's website (http://blog.fatfreevegan.com). Otherwise, I adapt recipes to fit my parameters.