Menu

OK TX tour guides . . .

gardenmom5

'tis the season.

since the discussions have come up . .

I'll be visiting dd and dsil in Fort Worth - they have ideas, but what should I see?   there may be days I venture out by myself as they'd be at work.

do plan on seeing the stockyards.

dd suggested the perot museum in dallas 

dudeling HATES zoos . . . .

• Like 2

Fort Worth Botanic Gardens are pretty.

Fort Worth Museum of Science and History is good, especially for kids.

It might not be of any interest at all, but we also like Log Cabin Village.

Kimball Art Museum is pretty praised around there, but we never went because (gasp!), art museums just aren't our thing.

There's also a great B&B there called Texas White House if you're needing a place to stay.

There's also the Bureau of Engraving and Printing there! Sadly, I had no idea it was there the whole time we lived there so I never visited, but would love to.

That's all I can think of for now. :)

• Like 1

Fort Worth Botanic Gardens are pretty.

Fort Worth Museum of Science and History is good, especially for kids.

It might not be of any interest at all, but we also like Log Cabin Village.

Kimball Art Museum is pretty praised around there, but we never went because (gasp!), art museums just aren't our thing.

There's also a great B&B there called Texas White House if you're needing a place to stay.

There's also the Bureau of Engraving and Printing there! Sadly, I had no idea it was there the whole time we lived there so I never visited, but would love to.

That's all I can think of for now. :)

the gardens sound lovely.

nice to know there is a sciene museum in ft.

I'm staying at my daughter's house.   her neighborhood has a pool - so I'm hoping I can drag him around during the day with promises of pool later afternoon/evening.  (we stay out of water in the middle of the day.  too much sun exposure for us.)

• Like 1

the gardens sound lovely.

nice to know there is a sciene museum in ft.

I'm staying at my daughter's house. her neighborhood has a pool - so I'm hoping I can drag him around during the day with promises of pool later afternoon/evening. (we stay out of water in the middle of the day. too much sun exposure for us.)

It's a good Museum for kids...planetarium, IMAX, hands-on exhibits, etc.

The museum and gardens are in the same area of town, too. Very close. So that could be just a one-day outing...gardens in the morning (less hot!), Museum in the afternoon. Pool later. ;)

In addition to the Kimbell Art Museum there is the Modern Art Museum and some other, smaller museums.  You can find a listing here 

https://www.fortworth.com/things-to-do/museums-and-galleries/

The water gardens downtown are also interesting.  There are bike share rental stands along the Trinity river with a long path for riding (or walking).  

You can take the TRE (train) from downtown Fort Worth to Dallas if you want to spend an afternoon in Dallas without driving.

• Like 1