Menu

Skateboarding kids

Innisfree

I have no idea what is typically considered safe.

If your 7-8 year old boys were on their own at a park skateboarding on top of picnic tables and leaping off of said tables on their skateboards, would you be okay with that? Would you want a bystander to intervene?

The surface under the tables is concrete, and the boy jumping is wearing a helmet. They say their parents don't mind.

I don't know about rules, so I'll answer with what *I* would feel comfortable with.

I have two children that *can* skate board. 12 and 9. I would be absolutely okay with my 9 yo doing this. My 12 yo? No. Not a chance. (not that she would even try!)
Their coordination, core strength, balance, level of activity are so vastly different that what is safe for the younger would land the older in the hospital.

• Like 1

I would be more concerned about damage to property than injury (unless it was my kids, who wouldn't have been skateboarding anyway since they weren't that coordinated.) Our town had to become specific about where skateboarding was allowed after several public park structures and even some statues and monuments were damaged.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I once got a call from a frantic neighbor stating my son was flying outside her second story window. Turns out the boys were skateboarding off the roof onto a platform down below. No helmets or pads back in those days. Eeks.

• Like 1