Menu

The July is TOMORROW Teachers Lounge 6-30-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning, all! And welcome to the Lounge!

Can you believe tomorrow is the FIRST day of JULY? Here: still reeling. I HAVE to get ds's birthday invitations in the mail TODAY

as his birthday and party are on July 9. 

Who else needs a vacation? Here: ME! However, I am going to church camp with the kids in about two weeks. Maybe after that I can

go visit my BFF in WY.

Any plans for Independence Day? Here: we are going to a friend's house tomorrow night for a pre-4th of July celebration. On the actual 4th, 

we will most likely just stay home.

Talk to me! :bigear: 

• Like 2

Good morning!

I can't believe it is already July, either! School and co-op are so close, and this summer is not long enough!

We are about to take the only vacation we are going to get. We leave tomorrow morning going to Ohio to see dh's family. While we are there, we are driving up to Chicago for a couple nights. We have friends who moved to Wheaton for seminary, and they invited us to stay with them. It will be great to see them and visit the city. 

We don't have definite plans for the 4th, but we'll do something with dh's family. We'll plan it once we are there. 

• Like 2

Good morning!

I can't believe it is already July, either! School and co-op are so close, and this summer is not long enough!

We are about to take the only vacation we are going to get. We leave tomorrow morning going to Ohio to see dh's family. While we are there, we are driving up to Chicago for a couple nights. We have friends who moved to Wheaton for seminary, and they invited us to stay with them. It will be great to see them and visit the city. 

We don't have definite plans for the 4th, but we'll do something with dh's family. We'll plan it once we are there. 

We're "schooling through the summer" but not as much as I would like! How does time get away from us like this? I may need to take an overnight

to Sedona BEFORE camp just to get some school planning in! We'll see if that works out!

Now, off to do errands for the day. Hope to see more of you in the Lounge when I get back!

• Like 2

Tomorrow is July: That is seriously nuts.  It means Fritz's birthday is in a week and a half.  I haven't even thought about what to get him and he has no ideas.  He was due tomorrow 11 years ago.

Vacation: That would be nice.  But a real one where I get a vacation, too.

Plans for the 4th: We have a church picnic to go to.

• Like 2

Tomorrow is July: That is seriously nuts.  It means Fritz's birthday is in a week and a half.  I haven't even thought about what to get him and he has no ideas.  He was due tomorrow 11 years ago.

Vacation: That would be nice.  But a real one where I get a vacation, too.

Plans for the 4th: We have a church picnic to go to.

To the bolded: YES! We have a timeshare and while I don't mind doing the exchanges, because it's CHEAPER, it's not really a vacation

when you still have to cook and clean! So I get it. Let's plan a Mom's Getaway!

• Like 3

No, it is not supposed to be July tomorrow. I reject the concept.

No plans for the 4th. We have some 4H stuff coming up later in July that will keep us very busy, so we are content to have a quiet day at home. I'll make tacos or something. After dark, we might get the new telescope out though.

I am taking a mini vacation in August with the boys, and it can't come quick enough.

Edited by FaithManor
  • Like 4

Well, I didn't think being out and about yesterday in the heat had really affected me much. Until I was out and about in it again this morning.

My car's a/c has been on the fritz for awhile and now has gone to not working more than it actually works. Yes, it is fixable - to the tune of about $1800

because it's connected to all the other electrical circuitry in the panel. Can I just please move to Colorado already??

• Like 1

Scrap, so sorry about your AC! These car repair costs are not easy. The ladies I'm tutoring in math both need to get a car, but both will not have large amounts of money. I'm concerned about their long-term financial health in being able to sustain a car and all that goes along with it. 

• Like 1

Good evening y'all!

July! My summer has definitely evaporated quickly. Though June is much busier for me than July because of swim team. Only one meet left, mid-July.

July is for school planning and a little more structure in our days and fewer mornings at the pool. 

Vacation. We went to the beach in May and it was great. As restful as it could be, considering that my kids are still kids and we can't afford to eat out every night. No cleaning, minimal cooking, spectacularly lovely beach, pretty and comfortable condo, excellent company. The gulf coast is so beautiful! Something in me unwinds when I hear the ocean, and see the white sand and the ocean which is five shades of turquoise. Fresh shrimp for dinner is good too! 

No plans for the 4th. My injured foot will keep me from the fireworks, which require a half mile or so walk. It is supposed to rain here. I am wiped out, honestly, and just want to do nothing for a whole day. No special cooking and certainly no cleaning the house for company. 

• Like 1

I just came home from the store where I bought over $100 in groceries.  :w00t:

These will probably last us until Tuesday. Oi! I will put my hope in Jehoveh Jireh,

otherwise I would be in a puddle of worry. Hey, at least I got Rainier cherries for $3.99!

• Like 1