Menu

I was charged $1002.35 for onions last night

On top of the fact that all the lanes except the self-check were closed. And the lady running the self-check, when I walked up in my apron, called loudly to another worker, "WHEN DID APRONS COME BACK IN STYLE?"

Then the self-check lane tried to close itself automatically. The other 3 stayed open, but mine, in which I'd self-checked a BASKETFULL of groceries except for the last 5 things, just. stopped.

"What does that *mean*?" dh asked in horror when I came home. It means she got her little magic clicker thing & came to check the rest of my stuff out fast. :glare:

I'd saved the produce for the end so it wouldn't get squished. She came by, looked in my buggy, & asked me if I was saving the produce for her to check for me. :001_huh:

Finally, she rang up my onions because my lane was closing itself. $1002.35. Just for the onions. :lol:

What an awful night for you!!

I really really despise self check out and I refuse to use it on principle - until they give me an "employee discount" for doing their employee's work, I won't do it. I don't care how long the line is, I don't want to pay the same amount AND have to do the work! And, like you, it very rarely works for me.

Hope this week is better for you!

I really really despise self check out and I refuse to use it on principle - until they give me an "employee discount" for doing their employee's work, I won't do it. I don't care how long the line is, I don't want to pay the same amount AND have to do the work! And, like you, it very rarely works for me.

Otoh, if I only have one or two things, I'd rather use self-check. Until they give me a discount for dealing w/ (some) checkers, I'd rather do it myself, lol!

And the lady running the self-check, when I walked up in my apron, called loudly to another worker, "WHEN DID APRONS COME BACK IN STYLE?"

This was long ago, we were living in Chicago, and I was in a checkout line. The lady bagging my groceries picked up a bag of bread I had just bought and said to the employee next to her, "I bought this bread once, it tastes like cr@p." In a totally normal voice, lol. I don't know if she didn't think I knew English, or maybe sometimes you get so into the routine of your job you forget that the people you're helping are actually real people, lol..

Sorry you had such a trying evening..

My brothers says the "discount" is not having to make polite conversation with the checkout people!:lol: Sometimes I think the "discount" is not watching the checkout girl and the bag boy flirt with each other and smush my bread!

I refuse to use them, too!