Menu

i slept on my hand and it won't wake up.

dismalisland

hellllloooo! my wrist/hand has been asleep all morning and all i can conclude is that i slept on it. it's constant and i've tried pinching it, shaking it, moving it, etc and it still won't wake up. it really hasn't woken up at all since i woke up at 6:20. it's 10:16. anyone know how long this'll last? thanks to anyone that answers!

i'm in class right now. i get home about about 5:00. i'll talk to them about it as soon as i get home. thank you!

If you're in a class, go to the nurse's office right after class and explain what's going on. You should also text your parents.

You really should get this checked out, and since it's Friday, if you wait until 5:00 to tell your parents, you may not be able to see a doctor until next week.

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 2

If you're in a class, go to the nurse's office right after class and explain what's going on. You should also text your parents.

You really should get this checked out, and since it's Friday, if you wait until 5:00 to tell your parents, you may not be able to see a doctor until next week.

alright- i'll go to the nurse's office right after i'm done with my work in this class-the teacher is pretty laid back, i'm sure he'll let me go now. i would, but my mom works night shifts so she's sleeping and my grandmother is at work.

understood! thank you so, so much!

• Like 1

Good luck! You're doing the right thing by seeing the nurse. It's probably nothing serious, but it's definitely unusual, so it's better to be safe than sorry!

Let us know what you find out, if you get a chance. :)

i just came back! the nurse was absent today of all days- but i did call my mom, who was a nurse for 20+ years. she said it could last for awhile and that's it's probably a nerve that's causing it. she wants to take a look at it so she's picking me up at 12:10.

thanks so much for your advice! you've helped a lot <3

• Like 5