Menu

Possible to ship peaches out of state?

sheryl

My dh's aunt turned 96 this past Jan!  She never married or had kids.  She lives in a community and is quite active for her age.  I know this b/c I wrote to her recently and today I received a hand written letter!  Oh, those are the good ole days - hand written letters!!!

Anyway, she mentioned how she really likes Georgia peaches.  I'm sure I can find a company that will ship them to her in WI but will they stay fresh?

Has anyone ever done this before?

Thanks!

Edited by sheryl
  • Like 1

My dh's aunt turned 96 this past Jan!  She never married or had kids.  She lives in a community and is quite active for her age.  I know this b/c I wrote to her recently and today I received a hand written letter!  Oh, those are the good ole days - hand written letters!!!

Anyway, she mentioned how she really likes Georgia peaches.  I'm sure I can find a company that will ship them to her in WI but will they stay fresh?

Has anyone ever done this before?

Thanks!

Not sure where in WI she lives, but there is a company called Tree Ripe Citrus Company that brings up fresh peaches from Georgia.  They are the closest thing I have found to picked off the tree and eaten peaches.  The only thing is you would have to find a way to get them from the drop off stations to her.  

• Like 2

Not sure where in WI she lives, but there is a company called Tree Ripe Citrus Company that brings up fresh peaches from Georgia.  They are the closest thing I have found to picked off the tree and eaten peaches.  The only thing is you would have to find a way to get them from the drop off stations to her.  

Yes!  I know that Tree-Ripe was shipping their citrus this winter in addition do the truck deliveries.  I'm not sure if they do that with peaches, but it would be worth checking into. Their fruit is spectacular every time!

Gypsy Fruit is another one that brings fruit to Wisconsin and might ship.  Their website doesn't appear to be working at the moment, but if you are on facebook they post updates on there.