Menu

National Latin Exam Results are in!!

UPS just delivered it, and I must share with those that understand, or I will burst!!!

DD14, 9th grade, got a gold medal, summa cum laude on Latin II. Her second gold! Last year on Level I she got a perfect paper, summa cum laude gold medal! 

DD12, 7th grade,  took the intro level and almost got the national average on it (so almost a cum laude.) I am so proud of her! She can go ahead and try for level 1 next year in 8th. 

My co-op students also did very very well.  I am walking on air over here!!  

Anybody else? 

• Like 15

UPS just delivered it, and I must share with those that understand, or I will burst!!!

DD14, 9th grade, got a gold medal, summa cum laude on Latin II. Her second gold! Last year on Level I she got a perfect paper, summa cum laude gold medal!

DD12, 7th grade, took the intro level and almost got the national average on it (so almost a cum laude.) I am so proud of her! She can go ahead and try for level 1 next year in 8th.

My co-op students also did very very well. I am walking on air over here!!

Anybody else?

Congratulations! What did your students use for curriculum?

We are waiting for DS's results on the Intro test.

• Like 1

My level 2 daughter is in the 2nd half of Fourth Form/Henle I this year. 

My level 1 student actually does an online public school and is taking latin I officially through them for her transcripts, but she has been with me through LC, First Form, and is in Second Form with us this year. 

My intro students were all in Second Form this year. 

But I also have done "latin club" with all of them for years. We use no specific curriculum. I use the syllabi from the ELEs and NLEs and extra materials from the MP latin stuff that I can't get in during their grammar hours and we just meet up and study. 

• Like 3

My level 2 daughter is in the 2nd half of Fourth Form/Henle I this year.

My level 1 student actually does an online public school and is taking latin I officially through them for her transcripts, but she has been with me through LC, First Form, and is in Second Form with us this year.

My intro students were all in Second Form this year.

But I also have done "latin club" with all of them for years. We use no specific curriculum. I use the syllabi from the ELEs and NLEs and extra materials from the MP latin stuff that I can't get in during their grammar hours and we just meet up and study.

Great work! You must all feel so proud!
  • Like 1

DS got his results today - outstanding achievement on the Intro exam! He didn't know there were ribbons awarded so that was an extra boost to his ego, and that he happened to have opened it in front of his cousin made him all the more proud. It may have just been the tipping point to try Lukeion in the fall (fingers crossed).

• Like 5