Menu

Decadent party food for a mystery masquerade party?

PeterPan

Any suggestions? The party kit suggests stuffed chicken and rice, stuffed mushrooms, and a salad. Fine. I don't know, I thought maybe we could do better. I collected all kinds of delicious salad recipes and things on pinterest, but then I wasn't sure. It's for an 18th b-day party for dd. 

https://www.pinterest.com/insidethepuppet/18-party-food/

That's my pinterest board. I found wraps you cut and stack like castles, meatloaf bites, stuffed shells. I already got the mask cookie cutter, just need a fabulous RECIPE to use with it, hint hint.  Also found chicken cordon bleu, multiple kinds of salads. I must have been very hungry when I made the list!

Party is 10-15 people, so not super big. Mostly girls. Already have a plan for the cake. It's enough hours that I want something for snacks when they come (something mysterious obviously) and then things for dinner.

What do you think? :)

Clarification needed:

Walk around, finger foods ie wraps?

or

Sit down and have a dinner foods, like Cordon Bleu and some salads?

If you are going to have food that require a fork to cut, like the pepper/meatloafs/ stuffed shells/Cordon Bleu....You will likely need a place for them to sit.  It is hard to cut food and stand at the same time. Most likely, it will end up on someones dress and your floor.

I would plan a sit down dinner OR finger foods, but not both. 

I would plan a dinner if that is what you are wanting and then finger sized desserts afterwards. 

Edited by Tap

The girls will trickle in after school. The party itself requires at least 3 hours, including dinner. Yes, a formal, sit-down dinner. So 4:00-8:30. Since they're coming from school, they need food right away. Then play games, start the mystery part, eat dinner, continue the mystery.

Yes, I have a chocolate fountain!

Ooo, fondue, that had slipped my mind. How do you do fondue for that many people? It seems kind of castle-esque and creepy. Too bad we don't actually have a fireplace in the room...

I'm turning the space in the basement into a castle with stained glass windows, draw bridge, etc. They'll have masks and purple/silver decor. I was going to do one large table for everyone to eat around and serve the food off the island. I'd have to think about that for fondue, dunno. Fondue would definitely be different and memorable! To me, chicken stuffed with rice is just forgetable, mercy.

I might be able to run cheese sauce in the chocolate fountain. That seems like a weird dinner. I've never actually had a whole fondue dinner...

Edited by OhElizabeth
  • Like 1

This sounds like such a fun party. :)

My next door neighbor makes those fancy decorated sugar cookies and sells them.  They are wonderful.  When I asked her for her recipe, she shocked me and said she just uses the one on the Wilton site.  They are really good (I think it's because of the almond and vanilla extracts).

I love the idea of chicken cordon bleu....salad....and a chocolate fountain.

What about having some sort of mystery food game? Where they try and guess what they're eating (but they're blindfolded)?  Or have food masquerading as a different food?