Menu

Homeschool Surveys and Research

So I redid my homeschool blog. It's so much prettier now. And I know there is a rule about self-promotion....so, don't go read it ok! I'm not promoting my blog. I just have a favor to ask:

As a small part of my new blog I'm going to be conducting some homeschool research in collaboration with my hubby (PhD) and I've created my first survey. It's short, I promise! I'd love for you to go take my survey if you have a few moments. I'll be sharing the results soon. What I have so far has been really interesting and fun to read through. 

Anyway, I'll probably be posting monthly surveys on this specific survey page if you'd like to bookmark it. 

Survey Link

• Like 2

There's a problem with the way the survey shows up on my phone--the only options I can see for many questions are "strongly disagree" and "disagree"

It probably works fine on a computer.

How odd! I'll check into that.

If you turn your phone sideways it should give you a scroll option. 

You can move a slider to see the other options.

Oh, I can get it to slide with my phone upright as well. 

So try sliding your finger across the list and you'll see more options. 

Schedule

• Like 1

Maize, on my phone I can see the other options if I scroll the answers horizontally.

I don't understand question 4, does it relate to question 3?

That one wasn't showing the words on the phone view. I edited it to where the words should show now.  It's about whether you consider yourself spontaneous or more of a planner.

Schedule

I left the next-to-last question blank because it doesn't apply (only 1 kid).

I never use my cell phone during school, but I do use a computer when DS is working independently. For me, the phone is not really like the computer.

There are other distractions/interruptions that happen to us regularly: pet wants attention; doorbell rings (usually a signature required for something DH ordered); laundry (machines are in a closet next to living room/homeschool room, and there's no way to tell the dryer not to play music when it stops). And occasionally: power outage; timer goes off and I have to do the next step/check on dinner; or there's someone working on the house (e.g., termite inspection, gutter cleaning).

Just wanted to point out:

Homeschool style - you misspelled eClectic

Using the slider scale, how would you rate yourself (1 as a Planner and 10 being Spontaneous)? but 1 is labeled spontaneous and 10 is labeled planner.  Might throw off the results if someone doesn't notice.

Just wanted to point out:

Homeschool style - you misspelled eClectic

Using the slider scale, how would you rate yourself (1 as a Planner and 10 being Spontaneous)? but 1 is labeled spontaneous and 10 is labeled planner.  Might throw off the results if someone doesn't notice.

Thanks! I got it all changed. Goodness! The survey software has been a little challenging for me to figure out. Ugh!

Schedule