Menu

So much for that appointment...

maize

As I was pulling into the parking lot for the hospital and attached clinic where I have my midwife appointments I heard "...bomb threat at x county hospital..." on the radio.

Sure enough they're on lockdown. So much for the appointment.

The lady at the door said they'd let me in if I was in labor...

Well yay?

Actually this hospital goes on lockdown every time there is a GSW admitted, just to protect against retaliatory gang violence. I didn't even know that was a thing until we were stuck in the nicu and I had to listen to all the lockdown announcements.

Well yay?

Actually this hospital goes on lockdown every time there is a GSW admitted, just to protect against retaliatory gang violence. I didn't even know that was a thing until we were stuck in the nicu and I had to listen to all the lockdown announcements.

You just shattered all of my peaceful imaginings of Alaska. Gang violence isn't part of my Alaskan fantasy. :( 

You just shattered all of my peaceful imaginings of Alaska. Gang violence isn't part of my Alaskan fantasy. :(

Same!

Years ago, DH was in the er and while the kids and I were waiting there was a scary confrontation between the families of the person killed and the shooter who was also injured. Seemed gang related. The police were the ones informing them of the death. We dashed out of the er and wandered around the public areas of the hospital.

Wow. Well, at least you 1. weren't in labor and 2. were not caught in a bomb blast and 3. were able to drive back home instead of being trapped for hours or something but yeah, so much for that appointment. How hard are they to get scheduled?

I called later this afternoon and got an appointment for next Tuesday.

• Like 1