Menu

When does PA Homeschoolers schedule usually come out? (For live classes)

I know most classes are signing up already. But not sure about class 'schedules' - seems to be they may know those already if they are signing up for them already.

That's what I'm wondering, how are people signing up if they don't know the schedule? We have potential conflicts everywhere. Ugh.

(Thanks)

We already signed up a couple of weeks ago, but for the class dd will be taking, the instructor says the following in the description:

Both the live lecture and chat days and times are decided once the class has started.  Various times are offered for these live components, and I make every effort to accommodate the students’ schedules.  Both components are also available throughout the year for downloading. 

Maybe many of the other instructors do something similar? 

We already signed up a couple of weeks ago, but for the class dd will be taking, the instructor says the following in the description:

Oh. That seems quite risky for us. Thanks for responding, this seems to be the answer though-- polling whoever signed up for the best time.

Oh. That seems quite risky for us. Thanks for responding, this seems to be the answer though-- polling whoever signed up for the best time.

You might tweak your thread title and see if the scheduling has been flexible enough for most people, or you can ask the instructor if you can do a delayed option. I think I remember seeing when there is sometimes an overflow some instructors allow auditing at a reduced price. 

Is that for AP Comparative Government and Politics? That blurb sounds familiar. I was worried about that, but the teacher really did make it all work out, presumably for everyone. She offers the class twice per week.

• Like 2

One of the classes we signed ds up for a PAH had a day listed in the description (it did change, but the teacher e-mailed us with plenty of time to change days if that didn't work), the other will decide a day and time when it's good for everyone's schedule.

• Like 1

Is that for AP Comparative Government and Politics? That blurb sounds familiar. I was worried about that, but the teacher really did make it all work out, presumably for everyone. She offers the class twice per week.

AP Psych. 

Mrs. G does offer both a chat and a live lecture and tapes both.  She also offers several options so that students who would like to attend are able to.  I don't think anyone wasn't able to attend the year my dd took the class.

I agree. I don't remember anyone not being able to make it to any of the live sessions. I believe there were three options for the live lecture and two for the live chat. (Or something close to that.) My daughter had times that usually worked for her, but it was wonderful to be able to switch to a different one when there were time conflicts. Students were free to come to whichever times worked best any given week. 

Edited by Woodland Mist Academy