Menu

Vacationing in Oahu and let me say, it's beautiful!!

Isn't it wonderful?!!

Walk up Diamond Head! It's fantastic!

Take surfing lessons. Ride around the island. Eat fresh pineapple.

I agree with the USS Arizona. Last time we were there, they had 2 burials at sea. It was incredible.

Go see Mrs Mungo and our other WTM military wives! Who else is stationed there now?

ETA: deep sea fishing is fabulous there!

Pam and Kathleen...our dd was Med-evaced (how is that spelled?!) to the Pink Hospital from a navy base far away from there. We were very impressed with the care she received.

Edited by Aggie

What a gift we've been given. It truly makes you appreciate Creator God. If anyone has suggestions on places to go, i'd appreciate it.

Oooh, go see Battlemaiden. :-D Aoki's shave ice in Haleiwa. Get beans on the bottom, then ice cream, then shave ice on top. Oh merciful heavens.

Ummm, snorkleing on Hanama Bay. Sunset on the North Shore somewhere. Stroll through China Town. Eat plate lunch somewhere. (The best ones are in the industrial district, around Paa Street.)

Look up at the big pink hospital in the sky, and imagine me, a newlywed 19 y/o, living up in the mountains behind it, right at the edge of the mountain (which I guess now has a highway running through it instead of a trail with guava and petroglyphs and wild pigs). Definitely Pearl Harbor tour.

And OH, the used bookstores! Interlude and Froggies are right across the road from each other, but Interlude used to have more inappropriate stuff, so don't let the kids run loose, lol! And there's another used bookstore more downtown, and you have to walk down into a basement to get there. But oh, the treasures you find down there!

Bishop Museum is worth the money, and the gardens next to it (?? I think) are worth going into. Not so much the zoo or the aquarium. Ala Moana beach is nice and calm. Hiking Diamond Head was just ok for me. Maybe because I lived in the mountains and my morning view was Honolulu and Pearly City and Pearl Harbor and the ocean. I was so spoiled and so lucky.

Enjoy. It's a wonderful place.