Menu

Am I forgetting any baby stuff??

ktgrok

sorry, I didn't read all the responses but one thing that sounds strange but was helpful that was suggested to me was to pack a roll of toilet paper in my hospital bag because the hospital tp is so horribly rough and scratchy and you are sore down there.

Another thing was chapstick I think--for during labor and after.  

Maybe baby socks to put on baby's hands to avoid face scratching?

Possibly--witch hazel pads (sorry--TMI I know!!)

I personally used lansinoh quite a lot for both kids.  

A sitz bath?? Do they give those to you in the hospital? I can't remember.

Edited by cintinative

sorry, I didn't read all the responses but one thing that sounds strange but was helpful that was suggested to me was to pack a roll of toilet paper in my hospital bag because the hospital tp is so horribly rough and scratchy and you are sore down there.

Another thing was chapstick I think--for during labor and after.

Maybe baby socks to put on baby's hands to avoid face scratching?

Possibly--witch hazel pads (sorry--TMI I know!!)

I personally used lansinoh quite a lot for both kids.

A sitz bath?? Do they give those to you in the hospital? I can't remember.

Oh! I do love the witch hazel pads. Forgot about those.

I got the nosefrida, preparing for the birth. I let the midwives use the bulb syringe that they had me order for their post birth suctioning, but used nosefrida whenever I needed it after that. It works a lot better than the bulb syringe, and it's much easier to clean. 

My only issue with it is that the red thing falls out when I'm trying to suck snot from a wiggly baby. 

It came in handy the few times she was sick and had a lot of mucus. Now that she is more mobile, (12 mo) it's harder to hold her down to use it. 

I've never had mucus touch the foamy filter thing thought I've pulled out loads of it. I haven't replaced the filter yet either since snot hasn't touched it. 

You can see what you are cleaning with the frida, but when I tried to clean the tubing it just stayed wet for over a day on my drying rack. It's curly and holds a drop or so of water in it even after I shook it out. I just prefer to use it dry. As for the filter, I don't know if you are supposed to wait to see anything to change it out. I wondered how much of the device I needed to clean between uses if the baby needed to use it mult. times a day, though. I definitely didn't want to go through 3 filters a day.

I just rinse my filter in soapy water and put it back in. I haven't changed a filter yet. And yeah, I use it damp. I'm not worried about a little condensation since it is flowing to me, not the baby.