Menu

Parasites: don't read if you don't want to be super grossed out

IfIOnly

I was convinced I had intestinal parasites. I also had dysbiosis. Nope, I have an autoimmune disease. I wish it had been parasites. 

I hope you feel better soon and are able to finally be rid of the parasites. 

I was  probably fooling myself about these parasites being "it". I am starting to feel a bit more clear headed, less irritable, and a bit more energetic though. At this point, for example, my arms hurt and I have to take breaks when washing my hair and have for years, so we'll see what is what after treatment.

Test is $300. I just spent $300 on SIBO meds for the family and will probably spend twice that again for follow-up parasite treatments. Plus, we'll need probiotics after treatment, and I'm going to be giving my family a prokinetic (prescribed for me by my doctor-I have a kid's with carb malabsorption and there are lots or food allergies in my family) too- both for months. It's not likely I'll do the testing.

Edited by ifIonlyhadabrain

The pinworm med I ordered says the dose is just once every 2 weeks. Does that sound right? If so, this 16 oz is too much. :) I've read that pyrantel pamoate is safe even with more frequent dosing though. I'd rather be 'safe than sorry'. The product I ordered tastes maple like. Not too bad except is sickeningly sweet. https://www.amazon.com/Pyrantel-Pamoate-Suspension-50-bottle/dp/B019QSE476

Do you remember how often you took a dose for those 3, 2 week cycles, Stephanie?

Edited by ifIonlyhadabrain

When we brought my adopted daughter home, she had parasites. After medication, they wound up in her diaper. So, the medication worked!

My friend had kids who lived in another country for a while as missionaries. He would send this concoction of stuff like fermented chili peppers, vinegar, and a bunch of other random things that burn going down. Apparently it worked well if you could actually swallow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1