Menu

Gag me with cottage cheese!

I am trying this "eat clean" diet. On my menu for tomorrow I'm supposed to eat cottage cheese mixed with apple bits and some grapes on crisp bread for lunch. I hate cottage cheese with a passion! Any suggestions for something that fits the spirit of the diet - a low-fat form of protein that I can have with the bread? I hate crisp bread too since it is so dry but I can tolerate it.

Me, too. If it's the kind of hummus LB shares with her friends.

We had it for breakfast not long ago, didn't we LB? Yummmm.

That is the very best hummus I have ever tasted. I can't remember the brand, but it had olive oil, pine nuts, and parley on top, and it was very delicious! We need to get together again soon, Crissy- that was fun!

That is the very best hummus I have ever tasted. I can't remember the brand, but it had olive oil, pine nuts, and parley on top, and it was very delicious! We need to get together again soon, Crissy- that was fun!

It was in a clear container with a red rim on the lid. I think the brand name started with an S. Ring any bells?

Dh is avoiding dairy. So I don't use any in meals that he's eating. But that doesn't include tomorrow's lunch. But I like all of your ideas. I want you to write my menu - we could call it the "Well Trained Diet"!:D

Let me know if you do want help with this- I used to teach allergy-free cooking classes, and am actually pretty good at menus.

I never enjoyed the taste of cottage cheese myself until I bought Nancy's:drool:

Then again, I used it for a topping on a homemade fruit salad and topped the cottage cheese with honey and granola:tongue_smilie:

Not sure how healthy that was but, the kids enjoyed it:lol:

Hope you find something that is pleasing to your taste buds!

I am trying this "eat clean" diet. On my menu for tomorrow I'm supposed to eat cottage cheese mixed with apple bits and some grapes on crisp bread for lunch. I hate cottage cheese with a passion! Any suggestions for something that fits the spirit of the diet - a low-fat form of protein that I can have with the bread? I hate crisp bread too since it is so dry but I can tolerate it.

No kidding...get the large curd cottage cheese, and if you can find it, get Lucerne. It is MILES bettter than anything else...I actually miss LUCERN large-curd cottage cheese.

I think ricotta is akin to cottage cheese as re: protein; might give that a look.

Venison is very high in protein/ounce.

These are things I would rather not know. I wish I could eat Lucerne large curd cottage cheese.

Mmmmm. Venison. A friend gave us some ground venison and some steaks last week- I marinated the steaks and sliced them thinly. Cooked them up, and then put them in the fridge. They made a quick and easy taco the rest of the week. Mmmmm. Venison!