Menu

Car rental companies that work with younger drivers

fairfarmhand

Dd19 had an accident last week. Not her fault, the other driver was ticketed for failure to yield.

Now the fun begins.

She needs a reliable vehicle. Other drivers insurance company will cover a rental.

Rental companies don't like the under 21 crowd driving their cars. Some will rent to her provided she has full insurance coverage with her vehicle/ She only has liability.

Anyone have any ideas?

Avis, hertz, and dollar (may be others, idk) rent to people 18+ with a surcharge. One of them has a hefty surcharge, but I can't remember which one. Dd rented from Avis a couple of years ago and they waived the fee for no reason!

I like the idea of YOU renting if you have to, and loaning her your car if you can.

• Like 1

Does she have rental coverage on her insurance? Guessing no if she just has liability =/ but you could contact her insurance company claims person and see if they can do anything about it.  I used to work for Enterprise after college and we occasionally had waivers for younger renters ONLY because they had an insurance company we had an agreement with.  It is also possible that she has full coverage for a rental car on a credit card she owns and that might cover it. 

• Like 2