Menu

This is just weird.

This time last year, 3 people died in our church, all about a month or so apart.

Last month, a man--a church pillar, really--passed away unexpectedly. Then last week, our church secretary, again, unexpectedly. Today, it was announced another man in our church was found in his home, passed away.

Frankly, I'd like for this nonsense to stop!

Wow. Well, you know what they say about threes . . .

In our neighborhood church (not mine) the media frenzy this year happened when a church secretary was found murdered while volunteering in the church food pantry. She was found with a gunshot wound to the head. The police were hush hush for weeks regarding leads, and then one day arrested a fellow female church member. Here, she was jealous because she felt the pastor was giving too much special attention to her, while she had a secret crush on him.

Anyhoo, I can see how a string of deaths can make you feel uneasy . . .

Lisa

I've heard it everywhere I 've ever worked.And when our elderly pets start dying off it always seems to work that way.Our own little work related bit of superstition.I ran into a new one a while ago:when someone dies you open the window to let their spirit/soul/whatever out.And once one person started it,next thing you know we were all doing it.Why not...just in case.