Menu

Thanksgiving surprise- ham in addition to turkey

TravelingChris

Our paternal family's thanksgiving was always really big - at least 25-30 people. My aunt always did a ham with pineapple sauce in addition to grandma's turkey because it was her husband's favorite and we weren't so pressed for meat with two different types.

I'm so sad, one of my allergies is to ham/pork now. All sausage and honey baked ham is out :(. It's been almost two years but I still miss them!

Edited by Arctic Mama

Our paternal family's thanksgiving was always really big - at least 25-30 people. My aunt always did a ham with pineapple sauce in addition to grandma's turkey because it was her husband's favorite and we weren't so pressed for meat with two different types.

I'm so sad, one of my allergies is to ham/pork now. All sausage and honey baked ham is out :(. It's been almost two years but I still miss them!

Give it time {well depending on your symptoms} ! I developed a pork allergy 6 years ago. Over the last year I've been able to eat small amounts of pork {small serving size} without setting off my GI reaction to pork! So glad as I really missed bacon. 

Give it time {well depending on your symptoms} ! I developed a pork allergy 6 years ago. Over the last year I've been able to eat small amounts of pork {small serving size} without setting off my GI reaction to pork! So glad as I really missed bacon.

I hope so! I miss it! Ironically I can handle itsy bitsy amounts of bacon and not much else, probably because the actual protein content is so much lower compared to the fat. But cured pork or things like pork shoulder are just terrible :(. No salami either!

Well that's a bummer!!