Menu

Quick--need movie suggestions for tonight

whitestavern

Need something for dh, ds 14, and myself. The guys like action/adventure, good drama, or comedy, no chick flicks type stuff :)

Don't care too much about violence unless very bad, or swearing, but nothing with inappropriate-for-ds's-age s*x.

Looking for something in the past few years as we've seen a lot of movies. Oh, and it needs to be something we can find on Amazon Prime, though it doesn't have to be free.

Any ideas?

• Like 1

National Treasure (any of them)

Apollo 13

Twister (half the fun is yelling "unbelievable!) as the heroes survive encounter after encounter with some cool special effect twisters.  "We got cows" is a family punchline here now.

Beware Beverley Hills Cop  Eddie Murphy has a mouth on him and I had forgotten it was NOT kid-friendly and we started watching with kids....oops.  Your 14-yr-old might be old enough but it would be embarrassing...

Edited by JFSinIL

We went to see a movie in the mall today. The latest J.K. Rowling movie. Harry Potter stuff. Rated PG7, so I was able to go. We saw it in 2D, in English, with Spanish subtitles. I don't think I could handle it in 3D and certainly not in 4D.  "Fantastic beasts and where to find them".  Really good movie is our Review for you. Possibly you can get that on Pay Per Vfiew or something?     After that, we had Lunch in a Restaurant in the mall.    My wife and DD then saw "Dr. Strange" and I didn't want to see another movie, so I came home. They are home now.  Both of them said "Dr. Strange" was good, but that the one I saw with them was far superior.  Try to see  "Fantastic beasts and where to find them" when it is available.

Another one I can recommend to you is  "13 Hours The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi" which is based on true events.  I don't go to movies very often, but occasionally my wife will  find something she thinks I will enjoy and I watch with her (Netflix, etc.).  

We went to see a movie in the mall today. The latest J.K. Rowling movie. Harry Potter stuff. Rated PG7, so I was able to go. We saw it in 2D, in English, with Spanish subtitles. I don't think I could handle it in 3D and certainly not in 4D.  "Fantastic beasts and where to find them".  Really good movie is our Review for you. Possibly you can get that on Pay Per Vfiew or something?     After that, we had Lunch in a Restaurant in the mall.    My wife and DD then saw "Dr. Strange" and I didn't want to see another movie, so I came home. They are home now.  Both of them said "Dr. Strange" was good, but that the one I saw with them was far superior.  Try to see  "Fantastic beasts and where to find them" when it is available.

Thanks for the reviews. We will definitely be seeing Fantastic Beasts; huge Potter fans here :)

• Like 1

Follow on to my  post #6.   My wife says that I would be able to see it in 3D or 4D. She says I rode Roller Coasters in Orlando, so I can watch movies in 3D or 4D.  Again, if you are Harry Potter fans, we believe you will enjoy watching  "Fantastic beasts and where to find them" when it is available.  My wife said she thinks it is one of the best movies from J.K Rowling.