Menu

Low fat salad dressing recipes

DawnM

share please!

I don't like any of the lower fat dressings pre-made in the stores.

I am pretty open to all kinds of dressings, so just give me whatever.  

Blue Cheese has always been a favorite and I actually found a yogurt based low fat one I liked but then I haven't been able to find it since!

Do you like ranch?  A few weeks ago I made a ranch that was pretty awesome.  It was the Hidden Valley packet plus the standard Buttermilk and Mayo recipe.  Only I used the Trader Joes low fat Mayo.  Actually I used the Trader Joes Buttermilk, but I think that is standard Buttermilk.   None of the three things have much fat or sugar.  One thing I liked about the recipe is that you can perfect the consistency for yourself by adding either more mayo or more buttermilk.  

Well, our favorite ranch is Bolthouse Farms and it's a yogurt-based dressing. (It's in the refrigerated section in produce dept.)

I also do a homemade vinaigrette very similar to J-rap above!  White balsamic, olive oil, lemon juice, a little squeeze of Dijon, parsley, oregano and salt/pepper.  That's our standard here.