Menu

Immersion Blender?

K&Rs Mom

I am making more soups lately, and I think I really want one.  Ladling soup into the blender & pouring it back in the pot is making a huge mess and taking a long time.  Any recommendations?  Any to stay away from?  Any reason to avoid the whole idea?  Why are some $20 and some $200 - is there really that big a difference?  

I bought this one several months ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EA5ZI2U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I chose this particular one because of the reviews in comparison to another one I had planned to get that was cheaper (I didn't want the blade breaking into the food!) Since I haven't had it long, I can't give insight as to longevity, but yes, it is soooo much simpler to use than a regular blender, and very easy for soups. So fast and easy to clean, that it is used much more often than a regular blender in our house.

• Like 1

I have a Cuisinart Smart Stick 200-watt that I bought for $25 six years ago. It is wonderful for blending just about anything. I recently discovered it whips cream in about a minute. I use it for soups and when I make tomato sauce from peels and tomato gunk, too.

Here's the newer model (there are lots of reviews and answered questions, too): https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CSB-75BC-Blender-Brushed-Chrome/dp/B00ARQVM5O/ref=dp_ob_title_kitchen?th=1

• Like 1

If you are making soup, you MUST have an immersion blender.
I have a Cuisinart; had it for years, love it.

Note that if you make smoothies with relatively soft ingredients, you can get a wide-mouthed mason jar, put your ingredients in, and (carefully) use the immersible to blend.  The mason jar goes right in the dishwasher, thus making clean-up a lot easier than a regular blender.  I also use it (carefully!) to make grab-and-go yogurts - half-fill 2-cup wide-mouth mason jars with fruit (I use defrosted berries), carefully blend, add yogurt.  Take along a small container of nuts and/or granola for topping.

My immersible came with a mini-chopper attachment that's not great - the regular Cuisinart mini-chopper is much, much better.  
It also came with a whip for whipping cream; that works great.

• Like 1