Menu

High Chairs? Update post 54

ktgrok

Hmm...may look on craigslist now, and see if I can find anything between now and say, next year this time. i have lots of time till I need the highchair. How much space does the Tripp Trapp take up? How heavy is it to move from room to room?

The same space and weight as any regular wood kitchen chair.

• Like 1

I had an enormous bulky Graco one that someone gave me with my first baby and I hated it. Thankfully it broke. Then I purchased one of the Chicco ones that hangs onto the table because I only had one child then and we went out to eat sometimes and spent a lot of time at a friends house. But I hated the cleanup. In order for it to be properly clean you have to take apart the whole thing and wash at least every other time. And where the rubber grips stick onto the table was always such a mess and you had to move the whole thing everytime to clean it. Then the seams were coming undone so I threw it away. At this rate I was going to be buying a new chair every baby or perhaps sooner. I was so frustrated from cleaning it and the amount of time it took to do it every meal and it never felt really clean unless I washed it. I was so done and was on the lookout for a better option.

Then, I saw this post on a blog:

http://www.likemotherlikedaughter.org/2011/06/before-and-after-pippos-high-chair/

and thought that was such a great idea and really cute. I found one really similar to that on a website somewhere that was unfinished and inexpensive. My husband stained it a pretty wood color and polycrylic-ed ours and it has held up wonderfully. It is beautiful, fairly lightweight, insanely easy to just wipe off, and has held up through four more babies. My little girlie now uses it. It has never tipped over and is very safe. One of my climbers fell out once when auntie didn't strap him in but other than that no problems. My favorite part is the table part with the two arms. It just lifts up for easy cleaning and is the greatest. A friend of mine has an Amish made one that is the same design with the lifting table part but it is more modern looking and she loves hers.

Anyway, just another option.

Then, I saw this post on a blog:

http://www.likemotherlikedaughter.org/2011/06/before-and-after-pippos-high-chair/

and thought that was such a great idea and really cute. I found one really similar to that on a website somewhere that was unfinished and inexpensive. My husband stained it a pretty wood color and polycrylic-ed ours and it has held up wonderfully. It is beautiful, fairly lightweight, insanely easy to just wipe off, and has held up through four more babies. My little girlie now uses it. It has never tipped over and is very safe. One of my climbers fell out once when auntie didn't strap him in but other than that no problems. My favorite part is the table part with the two arms. It just lifts up for easy cleaning and is the greatest. A friend of mine has an Amish made one that is the same design with the lifting table part but it is more modern looking and she loves hers.

Anyway, just another option.

THAT is what I want!!!!!!  I'd put the Ikea cushion you can get in it, and it would be perfect. WANT. 

Sadly.I HAD one. Truly. But I'd bought it from a friend, and she changed her mind and wanted it back, so I sold it back to her as it had been hers, and her children's and it had too many memories and she just couldn't bare to part with it. Sigh. 

So...now that I have a picture, I can post and maybe find one between now and then. Thank you. 

Also, I love that blog :)

Ha! So I posted a photo on Facebook of what I'm looking for, and the person who sold me the one like that before, then wanted it back, is now officially ready to get rid of it, and will give it to me for free!!!!!  (her husband has had a procedure, there will be no more children, lol). 

How awesome is that???

• Like 3

Ha! So I posted a photo on Facebook of what I'm looking for, and the person who sold me the one like that before, then wanted it back, is now officially ready to get rid of it, and will give it to me for free!!!!!  (her husband has had a procedure, there will be no more children, lol). 

How awesome is that???

:hurray:

We have a WONDERFUl Peg Perrego high chair that was given to us, and it just did not work for us. It was more trouble than help.

This is what was finally the most helpful: https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Deluxe-Booster-Green/dp/B0000DEW8N?th=1

It's portable, you can spray it down as others said. I am not sure I can articulate the myriad reasons it was so much better (it's been too long), but it just was. I would never buy a high chair again. 

This is the one we had and loved it! :-)