Menu

I'm pooped!

I've discovered some things about getting a house ready to put on the market:

A clorox bleach pen works wonders in getting black spots out of light colored berber. It will NOT remove the tempura paint carpet mural - but if you work it right, you can make that area look like a reading corner and cover it with a rug and beanbag chair.

Spray painting a mailbox black makes it look nice.

Cleaning a vinyl kitchen floor with amonia and then applying an acrylic finish on your hands and knees is not something you should do when you're 7 months pregnant.

There is no end of white trim/baseboard in this house. All of it looks terrible within 3 minutes of washing/repainting. I give up.

My kids will not die if the only toys they have access to are are 3 stuffed animals, 2 dolls, 2 cars, 15 legos, 10 Pokemon cards, and books.

That is all. Back to laundry. :tongue_smilie:

:grouphug: We had our house on the market back in the spring. There are a lot of things I learned from that experience that I'd rather not have to review again. If you think the preparation part is tough, just wait until the showings start.:tongue_smilie: :lol: :001_huh: I hope your house sells quickly.:D

A clorox bleach pen works wonders in getting black spots out of light colored berber. It will NOT remove the tempura paint carpet mural - but if you work it right, you can make that area look like a reading corner and cover it with a rug and beanbag chair.

Cleaning a vinyl kitchen floor with amonia and then applying an acrylic finish on your hands and knees is not something you should do when you're 7 months pregnant.

There is no end of white trim/baseboard in this house. All of it looks terrible within 3 minutes of washing/repainting. I give up.

My kids will not die if the only toys they have access to are are 3 stuffed animals, 2 dolls, 2 cars, 15 legos, 10 Pokemon cards, and books.

May I just say, "I. feel. your. pain." :tongue_smilie:

Happy prepping,

Sharon

You are so right. It is a major pain.

Just a tip, although now that I am thinking about it you probably can't use it when you are pregnant. WD40 works wonders on dried stuff on the carpet. (test a spot first)

We will send good thoughts your way for a quick sale.:001_smile:

Between all the yardwork/landscaping we had been putting off for years because we couldn't decide what to do, cleaning out and cleaning up, packing away everything we don't need in the near future....it is exhausting.

Good Luck on a quick sale.