Menu

Apps for phonics

Janeway

My 4.5yo and 2.5yo love Teach Your Monster To Read. The iPad app is $5 and definitely worth it. It is free on the computer. It goes from the very beginning (letter sounds) and up to more complex digraphs and words. It is British so there is an accent, but my kids seem to still understand it and learn with it.

We also love Reading Raven vol. 1 & 2. Volume 1 is more a beginner level. It goes through reading and writing.

• Like 1

My 4.5yo and 2.5yo love Teach Your Monster To Read. The iPad app is $5 and definitely worth it. It is free on the computer. It goes from the very beginning (letter sounds) and up to more complex digraphs and words. It is British so there is an accent, but my kids seem to still understand it and learn with it.

We also love Reading Raven vol. 1 & 2. Volume 1 is more a beginner level. It goes through reading and writing.

Does the Teach Your Monster to Read app have all the same features as the computer version?  And is it glitchy at all? 

To OP. 2nd all of these.  Teach Your Monster to Read is an especially huge hit.  My little guy begs to be play. 

Does the Teach Your Monster to Read app have all the same features as the computer version? And is it glitchy at all?

To OP. 2nd all of these. Teach Your Monster to Read is an especially huge hit. My little guy begs to be play.

It hasn't been glitchy at all for us. They recently updated it and it has all of the levels as the computer version.

• Like 1