Menu

PSA for fellow Flavia fans!

Seasider

A new Flavia de Luce novel is coming before September is out!

Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mewed, I believe the release date is on or around September 20, 2016. Get on your library's waitlist today!

(I am ridiculously happy. I feared the last book would be...the last!)

Edited by Seasider
  • Like 11

Thanks for the heads up!

19 on the hold list, 4 copies ordered, 2-week checkouts plus up to a week on the hold shelf--I'm guessing I'll be reading it in November.

I'm #20, 1 book ordered, 3-week check outs plus the week on the hold shelf....I'm thinking I may never see it.  :)

Crossing my fingers that they really ordered more than one book. I mean, seriously, one? There are 21 branches in the city and they only order one book?

• Like 2

I'm #20, 1 book ordered, 3-week check outs plus the week on the hold shelf....I'm thinking I may never see it. :)

Crossing my fingers that they really ordered more than one book. I mean, seriously, one? There are 21 branches in the city and they only order one book?

Do people's really keep them the entire check-out time? Maybe you are trying to set yourself up for a happy surprise. I've wondered this, though. A popular book like this I would return as soon as I finished, thinking that someone else is excited to get it, but maybe some people would re-read it? The eternal mystery of other people's actions...

Maybe you will get a bookstore gift card for Christmas! Maybe there will be a Black Friday sale. Best of luck!

• Like 2

Do people's really keep them the entire check-out time? Maybe you are trying to set yourself up for a happy surprise. I've wondered this, though. A popular book like this I would return as soon as I finished, thinking that someone else is excited to get it, but maybe some people would re-read it? The eternal mystery of other people's actions...

Maybe you will get a bookstore gift card for Christmas! Maybe there will be a Black Friday sale. Best of luck!

In my experience, many people do read it and return it quickly--maybe the next week if they have a regular library day like I often do. But there are also many people who let the book sit on the hold shelf for a week before picking it up and/or keep the book for the whole loan period and (horrors!) some who just keep it for days after it's due racking up 15 cents/day in fines.

• Like 1

I'll admit that I'm one of those people who may not read it right away. It depends on what's already in my library book pile and when they need to be returned. I'll also admit I'll keep the book until the next time I need to go to the library and or I'm going in that general direction. I'm probably more of a lazy rather than polite library patron. :)

So I'll assume the worst and hope for the best. Eventually I'll get to read it but I do wish the Kindle version wasn't so expensive. If I was to buy it, I'd rather purchase the hard back and then get some return on my money at the used book store.

Edited by slr1765

I'm #20, 1 book ordered, 3-week check outs plus the week on the hold shelf....I'm thinking I may never see it. :)

Oh, that is tragic! I just hope the folks in front of me read fast and return faithfully. But, our library system appears to have ordered a reasonable number of copies.

• Like 1