Menu

Did Lukeion send out emails about PSQ or anything yet?

Dd is registered for Latin III and did get a few emails.  There is an orientation session later this week (that will be recorded to watch later if necessary) and the pre-semester set-up instructions.  I cannot say the same has gone out for the other classes.  Dd's PSQ opens on Monday.

Latin III for us too. Well that's disappointing and I double-checked that I paid in February.

I would just shoot another email out.  We had an issue during Latin I where emails just suddenly stopped coming to me.  We never figured out why.  Now in addition to dd's address, I also sign up a second address for myself so I know right away if one has gone "dark" for whatever reason.

However, they did get a pretty lengthy assignment that must be turned in during the first week (not sure of the details as dd handles it on her own).  I would do whatever you can to get to someone so you have that info!

I had a major problem receiving e-mails from Mrs. Barr.  She said she sent them, I never received them and thought she ignored my questions :blushing: .  I ended up routing our conversation through Dr. Fisher who forwarded me Mrs. Barr's e-mails after we had been waiting for several months to hear anything about the results from the last NLE.  I would e-mail Dr. Fisher or Mr. Barr; it seems I wasn't the only one having issues then.

Latin III here too! Maybe we need a support group for kids taking Latin III, the stressin' has already started here. I believe the PSQ opens on the 22nd. I had an email yesterday for instructions to sign up for class emails. I made my kid do it for me. 

Latin III here too! Maybe we need a support group for kids taking Latin III, the stressin' has already started here. I believe the PSQ opens on the 22nd. I had an email yesterday for instructions to sign up for class emails. I made my kid do it for me. 

I would be interested in a support group.  Dd is taking the PSQ as I type and her stress level is stressing ME out.

I need to detach and stay in my happy bubble. 

I would be interested in a support group.  Dd is taking the PSQ as I type and her stress level is stressing ME out.

Me, too. A support group for parents of students taking Lukeion Latin!   :smilielol5:

Me, too. A support group for parents of students taking Lukeion Latin!   :smilielol5:

LOL! Those were indeed interesting years. When my oldest walked out of the AP and said, "It was easy," I don't know who was more relieved.

He's a sophomore accounting major in college and has said over and over that his Lukeion classes where the hardest he took in high school. That includes the research paper class. He's written a lot of short research papers for his business classes and just started one yesterday for his international business class. He has no trouble evaluating sources and cranking out a paper with references. Certainly I taught him the basics, but Regan took him to the next level!

You will survive  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: !

Edited by G5052
  • Like 1

She sees the benefits but sometimes the work feels overwhelming. She realized that her senior year of high school is going to feel much lighter because she won't be taking Latin. We are already trying to make sure next year when she takes AP Latin, her workload in other subjects is not as intense. It has definitely taught her some study discipline. 

Edited by Chanley