Menu

Transcript/ Course taken sequence question...please!

So I am working on my son's dual enrollment courses and of course we didn't get in his history course this semester so I decided to take what we could to get in:  Sociology and Criminology.  Anyway 2 part question:  If I don't get in his US History class until his senior year and I have him take both Government and US History in 12th grade is that okay?  For HS requirements do they just want to see 4 yrs. of HS completed not necessarily each year?  Also, if it doesn't, could we count Sociology as a History credit (1/2) if it has to be done each year?  

Hope I am making sense this HS thing is STRESSING me out!!!  I am in desperate need of an intervention!  If it matters my son thought of just self studying it this year and then clep it at the end of the year. These past few days have been   :scared:  :willy_nilly:  :banghead:  :ack2:  okay you get the picture.   :tongue_smilie:

Thanks everyone!!

• Like 1

Agreeing with Luckymama.  I arranged my son's transcript by subject.  None of the colleges he applied to had an issue with it.

I should mention that some schools require that you input the transcript into their own form (University of Washington does this, for example).  And their form is arranged by year.

Thanks everyone, so it is okay to say not have a history one year and have two another year particularly if they want to see it by year?

I hope so. Dd's transcript will have a problem otherwise. She just finished up two levels of foreign language in one semester (levels 3 and 4), and that will be all she takes. And three of her four 'years' of high school English credits will be done in three semesters over two years. .. well, that's her plan, anyway. I will be arranging her transcript by subject.

All the transcript by subject templates I've seen still have what year the course is taken, though. Anyone left that info off entirely?

I don't think it would be an issue no matter how you arrange the transcript. If they are college courses and you are giving 1 credit each, there should be no problems. 

It isn't unusual at all for kids around here to have more than one credit in a particular subject area per year. The largest school district in the area does semester block scheduling and kids frequently have 2 sciences or 2 histories or whatever, one each semester. No one will even blink.

I don't think it would be an issue no matter how you arrange the transcript.

Totally agree. Why is there a problem? They took US history as a SENIOR instead of a JUNIOR - EEK! THE HORROR!! :scared:

Your kid's education is what it is, redoing the transcript to obfuscate any slight deviation from some imagined ideal is not ethical IMHO anyway. 

• Like 1

Totally agree. Why is there a problem? They took US history as a SENIOR instead of a JUNIOR - EEK! THE HORROR!! :scared:

Your kid's education is what it is, redoing the transcript to obfuscate any slight deviation from some imagined ideal is not ethical IMHO anyway. 

Ha ha! :P  I just didn't know if it would look bad if he didn't have a history one year and say two another year.  

All the transcript by subject templates I've seen still have what year the course is taken, though. Anyone left that info off entirely?

I discovered Transcript Maker https://www.transcriptmaker.com and used it when I needed something simpler than the one I've been fighting with in Excel :rolleyes:

When used in by-subject mode, you can choose to leave or remove entirely the by-year notation. That's what I did because I still wasn't sure if we were going to turn dd's 8th grade year into 9th grade or have her graduate a year early.

You can edit everything from course titles to subject areas to course weighting (if desired). The footer info is fully editable now (it wasn't before).

They have a 14 day free trial if you'd like to play around with the settings and design.

I really liked using it and am considering paying for the 12 month subscription (they used to have a $5 single month fee but that is no longer an option). I think the reduced stress on my part may be worth it :lol: