Menu

Amazon prime 1-click order question ????

Tranquility7

We are new to Amazon Prime and I don't understand what this graphic means:

buynow.png

The item in question is $34.95, but it looks to ME like if I buy it with 1-Click with Wed selected, I will get it free. But in reality, it just bills like normal. The shipping is supposed to be free anyway, since we are Prime members, so what is the graphic talking about? What is free on Wed, and what is $6.99 on Tues?

And if it really is supposed to be FREE - which is not what my invoice says - how do I get ahold of their customer service?

I've ordered this way twice now and both times it has come up with a regular priced invoice. Am I doing something wrong??

The $6.99 is for "one day" shipping. Shipping to get it Wednesday is free because of your prime membership. The item itself isn't free.

Exactly. The prices you're asking about are directly under the dates on which they'd arrive.

Though, man, I'd love to select free on lots of items! :D

Ok, thanks for cluing me in! Sorry if it was a dumb question, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on something amazing :P I was just confused because I had just also ordered two other items and they are arriving on Monday with my Prime membership, so I couldn't understand why this one is Wednesday.

Though, man, I'd love to select free on lots of items! :D

I know, right?!?! LOL

the tue $6.99 is extra shipping to get it faster.

the wed free is for standard prime shipping. (you can make your purchase anytime within the 46 hours to get the standard prime shipping.)

1-click is so you click on it, and you automatically purchase it. 

I refuse to use 1-click, and always go through a shopping cart.

eta: as for  prime shipping times- they will vary depending upon where the warehouse they are shipping from is in relation to where you live.  I've had stuff arrive same day, next day, and three or more  business days . . . :glare:

also, what time of day you order.  early morning is usually faster than ordering late in the evening.

Edited by gardenmom5

One other thing to know is that if you use one-click to buy something, whatever else you may have in your cart will stay in your cart and will not be purchased with the one-click item. If you use one-click to buy an item, it only buys that single item. I use one-click a lot, but if I know I'm going to buy several things that might add up to the $35 needed for free same-day delivery, then I'll just add them to the cart and buy them at once.