Menu

Sale price on filler paper

I use only filler paper now.  Notebooks are such a pain!  One notebook may be completed, before the student is finished studying a chapter.  Also, the spirals are annoying as they do not always lay flat.  And, they don't save all that much money.  Plus, sometimes you need to move certain things around, or hand in projects- neither me nor any teachers want ripped out notebook paper.  Really, once the kids are in about 6th grade, filler paper and binders is the only way to go!  

BUT I think that stores are starting to realize the fact that people prefer notebook paper, and they are charging so much more.  And, I think that is why the notebooks are always on sale....

I use only filler paper now.  Notebooks are such a pain!  One notebook may be completed, before the student is finished studying a chapter.  Also, the spirals are annoying as they do not always lay flat.  And, they don't save all that much money.  Plus, sometimes you need to move certain things around, or hand in projects- neither me nor any teachers want ripped out notebook paper.  Really, once the kids are in about 6th grade, filler paper and binders is the only way to go!  

BUT I think that stores are starting to realize the fact that people prefer notebook paper, and they are charging so much more.  And, I think that is why the notebooks are always on sale....

Or, all the spiral notebooks have perforated pages and the pages you want to stay in, come out. Ugh!

Buy a few packs at a larger price to get you through the first month and then go to Target or other school supply stores after school has started for about two weeks.  Then buy a ton at their super sale price.  I usually buy my filler paper at about 25 cents for a pack.  I stocked up too much two years ago.  I still am working through that pile!

• Like 1

Buy a few packs at a larger price to get you through the first month and then go to Target or other school supply stores after school has started for about two weeks.  Then buy a ton at their super sale price.  I usually buy my filler paper at about 25 cents for a pack.  I stocked up too much two years ago.  I still am working through that pile!

This is what I did a few years back and we finally have worked through the stack ;) 

• Like 1

This is such a great idea!

I was so excited to go school supply shopping, but the only thing I thought I needed was filler paper. Then this thread came along and inspired me to go see how much filler paper I have. I counted 10 packs, each with 150 sheets. Oh. 1,500 sheets of filler paper for one student. I guess I don't need to buy more.

• 2 weeks later...